There is something special about creamy and warm soup. Especially when the weather is cold and you just want something to warm you up. In this case, this creamy broccoli soup is just perfect.
This healthy broccoli soup is so good, you will make it every day.
Blended soups are such a comfort food. They are so easy to make, very simple and kids friendly.
How do you thicken broccoli soup?
This recipe will give you a perfect creamy broccoli soup. No need for thickening it up!
But maybe you added more water or you just want your soup thicker, here are some tips that may help you:
- Cook extra potato and blend it with soup.
- Mix 1 tbsp of flour with 1/3 cup of water and pour it into the soup while it's boiling. It will thicken up soup perfectly. Just make sure you are using unflavored flour, such as rice flour, or gluten-free flour mix.
- You can combine 1 tbsp of corn starch/ potato starch with 1/3 cup of cold water and add it into the soup while it's boiling. This is another beautiful way of thickening up the soup. However, I prefer thickening soup with flour so it is creamier.
- If you don't mind chunks you can add pasta or rice to make it thicker.
- Lastly, you can also boil the soup for at least 15 minutes while stirring. By doing this the water might evaporate and your soup will be thicker.
Let's make this vegan creamy broccoli soup
First, you will need to cook your broccoli for a few seconds! Don't skip this step. The broccoli will be a lot easier to digest.
When the broccoli is pre-cooked, set it aside.
In a larger pot roast the garlic with a little bit of oil. When the garlic is golden, add veggie stock powder and roast for a few seconds.
Next, add chopped potatoes, pre-cooked broccoli, and water. Cook for about 15 minutes.
Blend the soup with a hand blender and add soy cream, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
You can serve this soup with fresh and chopped parsley and roasted sunflower seeds sprinkled on top. However, you can eat it with a toast, fresh piece of bread, or croutons.
This healthy and creamy broccoli soup is perfectly comforting. It is smooth, creamy and so flavorful. If you are searching for an easy broccoli soup, this is the way to go!
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace minced garlic with garlic powder.
- Soy cream can be substituted with soy milk or you can skip this step!
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR GLUTEN-FREE COOKIE RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
You can find a similar recipe in the video!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp veggie stock powder
- 2 chopped potatoes
- 1 head of broccoli * precooked
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy cream * optional
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- In a larger pot fry garlic in a little bit of oil until golden.
- Next, add veggie stock powder and cook for a few seconds.
- Then add chopped potatoes, pre-cooked broccoli water, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat down and blend the soup with a hand blender. Lastly, add soy cream, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper, and enjoy!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST YOU CAN FOLLOW ME HERE, AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE ON YOUR GLUTEN-FREE COOKIES BOARD!
This recipe was created on 14.9.2020 and updated on 30.9.2021.