Creamy, rich, and so comforting. Yes, I'm talking about this amazing vegan creamy roasted tomato soup recipe. Tomato soup is just classic.
You can serve it with grilled cheese, croutons, toasted bread, or on its own.
Making tomato soup can be easier than you think! So let's go to the kitchen and make this delicious and creamy tomato soup!
What can I add to tomato soup to make it taste better?
Tomato soup is usually made of tomatoes, garlic, onion, and a few spices. But do you know what is the secret to making your soup taste better?
My answer is spices!
You can add so many things to make your soup better, by my favorites are definitely spices and herbs.
Here are some tips for making a really delicious tomato soup
- Herbs - oregano, basil, thyme,...
- Spices - gralic powder, onion powder, nutmeg,...
- Soy cream - if you want your soup to be extra creamy, this ingredient is a must!
- Roasting the ingredients first - roasting makes your flavors a lot stronger, if you love rich tomato taste, don't skip this important step!
- Serving it with vegan cheese, crutons or grilled cheese
Here are my top 5 tips to make your soup a LOT BETTER!
Let's make this delicious and easy roasted tomato soup
Since this soup is roasted, the first thing we need to do contains roasting.
Put your tomatoes and garlic into a pan and drizzle it with oil.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until squishy.
When the tomatoes are done, transfer them into a blender along with veggie broth and seasonings.
Blend until smooth and creamy.
Serve this soup with fresh basil leaves and soy cream. Enjoy!
This creamy roasted tomato soup is absolutely delicious. The full recipe is also very easy and so simple to make. Try this best tomato soup tonight!
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace soy creamy with almond or oat cream.
- Veggie broth can be substituted with 1 tbsp veggie stock powder + 2 cups of water.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Perfect for dinner
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR HEALTHY SOUP RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
Creamy roasted tomato soup
- 10 large tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups veggie broth * see notes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup soy cream
- First, roast the tomatoes in the oven with garlic cloves and drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 180°C (350F) for about 20 minutes.
- When the tomatoes are done, transfer them to a blender along with veggie broth and seasonings. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with soy cream and fresh basil leaves. Enjoy!