Extra creamy tomato pasta is a must recipe that everyone needs to try. There is something special about good old tomato pasta. This creamy vegan tomato tofu pasta is so delicious, very easy to make, and above all, it is packed with protein!
This pasta recipe is so easy to make and beginner-friendly. You can make this meal done in 15-20 minutes, so easy right?
There is no need for soy cream, cashews, or other nuts to make your pasta sauce creamy. Of course, I love to use them, but they are not as affordable as tofu.
Nowadays you can find tofu in every grocery store, which is wonderful.
Tofu made this pasta a little thicker, creamier, and smoother. The color also becomes lighter.
Also, since we added tofu, this pasta is packed with some extra protein. This is an amazing way to eat tofu.
Let's make this creamy vegan tomato pasta with tofu
To make this easy vegan tomato tofu pasta, start by cooking corn pasta of your choice. I suggest spaghetti or penne for this recipe.
Next, make a tomato tofu sauce base. Into the blender add canned chopped tomatoes and firm tofu. Blend until smooth and creamy.
In a large skillet heat the olive oil and add minced garlic. Cook until fragrant and golden. This will take only a few seconds. Then, add seasonings and cook for few more seconds.
Immediately pour in the tomato tofu mixture and combine. The sauce will be a little thicker, but that's ok because we are going to add water now.
Stir until everything is combined and add cooked pasta at the very last.
Lastly, sprinkle some fresh basil leaves on top and decorate with black olives and vegan cheese. In this recipe I used my favorite Vegan white greek cheese. Enjoy!
This extra creamy vegan tomato tofu pasta is so delicious and very easy to make. Because of the secret ingredient - tofu, the sauce is so creamy and also packed with extra protein. This is a perfect meal for lazy days.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace corn pasta with gluten-free pasta of your choice.
- Canned tomatoes can be easily replaceable with raw tomatoes.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Easy to make
- Perfect for lunch or dinner
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR VEGAN PASTA RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
You can find a full recipe in the video!
Creamy vegan tomato tofu pasta
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 7 oz firm tofu
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp veggie stock powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 14 oz corn pasta
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped olives
- Basil leaves
- Vegan cheese
- First, boil the corn pasta according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, let's make out tofu tomato sauce. Put canned tomatoes and tofu into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Next, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Sautee the minced garlic for 30 seconds or until fragrant and golden. Then add seasonings and cook for a few more seconds. Add tomato and tofu mixture and combine. The last step is to add water, to make your sauce a little bit thinner.
- The last step is to add cooked pasta and combine.
- Decorate with olives, vegan cheese, and basil leaves before serving. Enjoy.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST YOU CAN FOLLOW ME HERE, AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE ON YOUR VEGAN PASTA BOARD!
This post contains affiliate links, from which I earn a small commission when someone buys my recommended products. For more information, see my disclaimer here.