Mini apple pies are just so cute! Just look at these vegan gluten-free apple pies with a buttery crust and juicy apple cinnamon filling! So tiny but so adorable!
Apple desserts bring such a cozy atmosphere. Especially in the fall. These homemade apple pies are perfect for lazy days or even family gatherings.
A gluten-free buttery crust goes so well with sweet and sour apples with a hint of cinnamon and lemon juice. These flavors are well combined and perfectly harmonized.
What is apple pie filling made of?
Apple pie filling is usually made out of cooked apples. But some recipes call for raw apples. however, I found out cooked apples are the best!
In this recipe, I used homemade chunky apple sauce. This type of apple sauce is wonderful in these mini apple pies. You will have a nice smooth texture along with nice chunks of apples.
To make this chunky apple sauce, you can cook the chopped apples on the stove for about 30 minutes or until tender. This process is so simple!
What is gluten free pie crust made of?
Usually, it contains a mix of gluten-free flours, margarine or butter, sweetener, and baking powder. This is a general base of a flourless pie crust. You can also add cacao, cinnamon, lemon, etc.
If you don't want to buy different types of gluten-free flour, you can also use a gluten-free flour mix.
Let's make these simple mini vegan gluten-free apple pies!
In a large bowl combine these ingredients:
- buckwheat flour
- potato starch
- rice flour
- baking powder
- melted vegan butter
Create a smooth dough. It should be pretty easy to work with.
Next, in the other bowl combine ingredients for the apple filling. For this step you will need:
- chunky apple sauce
- Juice of half of lemon
- agave (if needed)
Combine and set aside.
Prepare a muffin tin and divide the dough in half. Use half of the cough and create 10 small balls. Arrange each ball in a muffin tin cup, pressing it down and up the edges.
Divide the apple mixture among the muffin tins. Top or each pie with a woven lattice or cut-out shapes with the leftover dough.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden. Enjoy!
These vegan gluten-free apple pies are so delicious. They are perfect for a fall day or any other special occasion. The combination of a buttery crust and creamy apple cinnamon filling is just so good!
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace potato starch with cornstarch.
- Agave can be substituted with any liquid sweetener.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Perfect for dessert
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE APPLE DESSERTS, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
Easy vegan gluten-free apple pies
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cup chunky apple sauce
- Juice of half of lemon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp agave * if needed
- In a large bowl combine buckwheat flour, potato starch, rice flour, and baking powder. Next add agave, vanilla, and melted vegan butter.
- Create a smooth dough and divide it in half.
- Next, in a large bowl combine apple sauce, cinnamon, and lemon juice. This will be the filling for apple pies.
- Use half of the dough and create 10 balls. Arrange each ball in a muffin tin cup, pressing it down and up the edges.
- Divide the apple mixture among the muffin tins. Top or each pie with a woven lattice or cut-out shapes with the leftover dough.
- Bake them at 400F (200°C) for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!