Making vegan stuffed cabbage rolls was never easier! This dish is the ultimate comfort food. It is perfect as a family dinner or a cozy lunch.
Cabbage is an amazing vegetable. You can create many recipes with it, including this vegan stuffed cabbage roll casserole.
The combination of perfectly seasoned vegan meat, soft cabbage, and rich tomato sauce is just so delicious. The flavors are well balanced and perfectly combined.
How do you make cabbage more tender?
Unless you are using very fresh and soft cabbage you will need to boil the cabbage first.
But it is so easy to do it!
You can boil the whole cabbage or remove the leaves individually and then boil them.
This way cabbage will become way more tender and softer. But don't worry if your cabbage is not soft completely, because we will bake the cabbage anyways!
How do I prepare cabbage for cabbage rolls?
You will need to cook whole cabbage in the water until soft. The leaves should be easy to separate and they will become soft and tender.
This way you can easily work with them and form a roll without tearing apart.
Don't skip this step. It is very important when making cabbage rolls, otherwise, the cabbage might tear apart and you won't be able to form a roll.
Let's make these healthy vegan stuffed cabbage rolls!
To make this recipe you will need to make these three steps:
- Boiling the cabbage leaves
- Preparing vegan meat with rice and seasonings
- Creating tomato sauce
First, start by boiling cabbage leaves in the water for about 5 minutes. When the cabbage is soft, drain from the water and set aside.
Moving on to the next step, in a large bowl combine cooked soy meat, cooked rice, seasonings, and soy sauce. You should be able to for patties in your hands easily.
Lastly prepare a tomato sauce by sauteeing garlic and herbs in a little bit of oil. Next, add tomato sauce and cook for a few minutes.
The last step is to fill cabbage leaves with soy meat and rice mixture, just like you would make a burrito and add them into the baking pan.
You should be able to have 8 cabbage tolls in total.
Pour the tomato sauce over cabbage rolls and bake for about 45 minutes.
Enjoy with freshly cooked potatoes.
These are the best vegan stuffed cabbage rolls, you will ever make. The soy meat filling is perfectly seasoned and with a combination of tomato sauce, creates a very cozy meal. Make these healthy stuffed cabbage rolls for a family dinner, and I'm sure everyone will love it!
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace minced garlic with garlic powder.
- Dried herbs can be substituted with fresh herbs.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR VEGAN DINNERS, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
Easy vegan stuffed cabbage rolls
- 8 cabbage leaves
Soy meat filling
- 3.5 oz soy meat
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp veggie stock powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp veggie stock powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- First, boil the cabbage leaves in the water for about 5 minutes. Then drain them and set them aside.
- In a large bowl combine soy meat, cooked rice, seasonings, and soy sauce. The mixture should be sticky, but you should be able to create a ball in your hands.
- Lastly, fry the garlic in the oil until golden, next add dried herbs and tomato sauce. Lastly, season with veggie stock powder and sugar. Cook for about 2 minutes, until the flavors are combined.
- The last step is to place about 1/3 cup of the meat mixture in the center of the cabbage roll. Bring in the sides and roll tight. You should be able to have 8 cabbage rolls.
- Pour tomato sauce over cabbage rolls and bake them at 200°C for 45 minutes. Serve with cooked potatoes. Enjoy!