Zucchini is an amazing vegetable. You can create many recipes with zucchini including sweet or savory. This time I created a recipe about stuffed vegan zucchini boats, that are perfect for lunch or a healthy dinner.
The full recipe is so easy to make and very delicious. If you love zucchini, this recipe should be on your to-do list!
Zucchini season is the best season. You can create amazing recipes using zucchini. The best thing about zucchini is that it has almost no flavor or taste. So you can ass it into smoothies, salads, patties, or bake a zucchini cake or muffins. There are endless options.
However, If you want to create something easy, delicious, and still fancy, these zucchini boats are a way to go!
Do you eat the skin on zucchini boats?
These zucchini boats are usually prepared with the skin. But it is preferred to use homegrown zucchini or zucchini in bio quality.
If you cannot find bio zucchini, don't worry! Simply wash the zucchini properly and you are good to go!
Don't forget to use a smaller zucchini for this recipe, because some large zucchini may have strong and hard skin. Make sure you have medium-sized zucchini with softer skin.
Let's make these delicious stuffed zucchini boats
These stuffed zucchinis are so easy to make.
First, you will need to pre-bake zucchini, so they are nice and soft.
Simply cut the zucchini in the half lengthwise and remove the "seeds" from the inside. It should be the softer part of the zucchini. You can use a spoon to easily remove the inside.
Add a little bit of oil into the zucchini and turn them on the other side and bake for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, let's prepare our stuffing!
For this part you will need:
- minced garlic
- shredded carrot
- bell pepper
- Hydrated soy meat - granuled
- black pepper
- shredded cheese
In the pan add a little bit of oil and garlic. Cook until the garlic gets golen brown. Then add the inside of zucchinis that you've spooned out, shredded carrot and bell pepper. Cook for a few minutes.
Lastly, add hydrated soy meat granules, and cook until crispy and golden. You need to hydrate the soy meat first. You can soak the soy meat in the water for about 1 hour or you can cook it for about 5 minutes.
When the soy meat becomes soft, squeeze out the water and add into the veggie mixture.
Finally, add seasonings and vegan cheese. Combine and set aside.
When the zucchinis are done, remove them from the oven and fill them with soy meat mixture. Add more vegan cheese on top and bake for about 20 more minutes.
Serve with baked potatoes or rice. Enjoy!
These easy vegan zucchini boats are so delicious and very easy to make. The full recipe is perfectly flavored and so good. This is a must-bake zucchini recipe for this season!
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace soy meat with tofu or tempeh.
- Vegan mozzarella cheese can be replaced with any vegan cheese of your choice.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Perfect for dinner or lunch
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR HEALTHY DINNER RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
You can find a full recipe in the video!
Easy vegan zucchini boats
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 large shredded carrot
- 1 green bell pepper
- 8 oz Hydrated soy meat - granules * see the notes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese *violife
- First, cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and remove the inside using a spoon.
- Add a little bit of oil onto the zucchinis and bake them at 200°C (400F) for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, let's prepare the stuffing. In a large skillet add oil and garlic. Cook until golden and add inside of zucchini that you've previously removed, shredded carrots, and bell pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then add hydrated soy meat, seasonings and cook for 5 more minutes. Lastly, add vegan cheese and combine.
- When the zucchinis are done, remove them from the oven and fill them with a veggie mixture and sprinkle some extra vegan cheese on top.
- Bake at 200°C (400F) for about 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST YOU CAN FOLLOW ME HERE, AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE ON YOUR VEGAN DINNER BOARD!
This post contains affiliate links, from which I earn a small commission when someone buys my recommended products. For more information, see my disclaimer here.