What's better than a fluffy and soft slice of gluten-free apple caramel bread in the fall afternoon? This simple apple bread is so good! It is moist, juicy, and very light.
The combination of sweet apples and cinnamon cake batter is perfection.
You will love this one-bowl apple cake recipe! It is super easy to make and very simple.
The bread is gluten-free, vegan, and sugar-free!
What kind of apples are good for bread?
The best apples to use when making apple bread are the ones with a balance of sweet and tart flavors. However, feel free to use whatever apples you have at home for this apple bread!
If your apples are more sour than sweet you can still be more of the sweetener to the bread.
In this recipe, I used snapdragon apples. They are perfectly sweet, juicy and so refreshing!
Why is my gluten-free apple bread so dense?
There are so many factors why apple bread might be so dense. But here are some tips to make it moist and fluffy.
- Make sure you have a good ratio betweet dry and wet ingredients.
- Make sure you are using baking powder and baking soda.
- Adding lemon juice might help as well.
- Melted vegan butter or margarine can make your bread very soft.
- Use a combination of different gluten-free flour for the best result.
Let's make this vegan and gluten-free apple caramel bread
First, you will need to blend dated with soy milk in a blender until smooth and creamy.
Next, combine dry ingredients in a larger bowl:
- buckwheat flour
- rice flour
- baking powder
- a pinch of salt
Pour the date mixture, vegan butter, vanilla, and lastly chopped apples.
Combine until smooth and creamy.
Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for about 1 hour.
Serve dusted with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
This healthy and gluten-free apple caramel bread is just so delicious. It is fluffy, soft, and perfectly sweet. Can you believe this bread is also sugar-free? Dates created a nice caramel flavor and with a combination of cinnamon and apples, you will have a wonderful vegan dessert!
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace rice flour with gluten-free oat flour.
- Soy milk can be substituted with any plat milk of your choice.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR GLUTEN-FREE APPLE RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
Gluten-free apple caramel bread
- 3/4 cup dates
- 1 1/3 cup soy milk
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped apples
- First, blend dates and soy milk in a blender until creamy and smooth.
- In a large bowl combine buckwheat flour, rice flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Next, add date mixture, vegan butter, cinnamon, and lastly chopped apples.
- Combine and pour into a loaf pan. Bake at 350°C (180°C) for about 1 hour.
- Serve dusted with powdered sugar. Enjoy!