Moist gluten-free banana bread recipe - vegan
Banana bread is such a classic. It is soft, fluffy, moist, and perfectly flavorful. Let's make this one-bowl fluffy gluten-free banana bread recipe.
This old-fashioned banana bread recipe is perfect for a quick breakfast or as a simple dessert. It tastes amazing with peanut butter, vegan Nutella, or just regular vegan butter. But, most importantly, it's delicious on its own.
You can also experiment with this recipe. Try to add chocolate chips, nuts, seeds, or even vegan cream cheese. I'm sure it's going to be so good!
Why you will love this gluten-free banana bread?
- Vegan – This banana bread is perfect for your vegan friends or family members! But this bread is suitable for everyone, not only for vegans/vegetarians.
- Gluten-free – This banana bread is naturally gluten-free.
- Easy to make – The full recipe is so easy and very simple to make!
- So soft – This banana bread is very soft and light.
- 100% delicious
How mushy should bananas be for banana bread?
The answer to this question is quite simple. Bananas should be mashed with a fork or a potato masher, and they don't need to be mashed perfectly. If there are some big chunks here and there it is completely fine.
But don't try to blend the bananas in a blender otherwise, the consistency of banana bread will be dense.
- bananas - this is our main ingredient. Bananas make this bread soft, moist and fluffy.
- brown sugar - Brown sugar is way better than regular white sugar when it comes to taste.
- melted vegan margarine - Buttery banana bread is simply the best.
- vanilla - Vanilla makes everything better!
- buckwheat flour - This flour is perfect for gluten-free baking.
- rice flour - Rice flour is neutral and perfect for this banana bread.
- gluten-free oat flour - This flour is naturally sweet and neutral at the same time.
- baking powder - Baking powder makes the bread fluffy and soft.
- baking soda - The same thing applies to baking soda!
- cinnamon - Cinnamon with banana bread is a must.
- soy milk - The creamier, the better. Soy milk is the best for this recipe.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace soy milk with any plant-based milk.
- Brown sugar can be easily replaceable with any type of powdered sweetener.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1: In a large bowl mash the bananas, and add sugar, melted margarine, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
Step 2: Next, add flours, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carefully combine, and lastly, add soy milk.
Step 3: Create a smooth and creamy batter, and pour it into the baking loaf pan.
Bake for about 50 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy completely cooled down.
Serve this gluten-free banana bread sliced with peanut butter, vegan butter, or jam.
Store this banana bread in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
I don't recommend freezing the banana bread because it might change the consistency. However, this banana bread is best within the first 2 days.
Why is my gluten-free banana bread gummy?
There are several reasons why your gluten-free banana bread is gummy a very moist. It usually happens when you added more bananas than flour or dry ingredients.
Bananas make the bread fluffy and moist, but if you added too many bananas and not enough flour, your bread can be gummy, and very dense.
Just make sure you have a good ratio between the flour and bananas.
Should I use baking soda or baking powder in banana bread?
When baking with gluten-free flour, I highly suggest adding baking powder along with baking soda for the best results.
Baking powder works great, but gluten-free baking needs something more. The combination of baking soda and baking powder works great in many recipes!
More sweet gluten-free bread recipes:
VEGAN CARROT CAKE BREAD – GLUTEN-FREE AND VEGAN RECIPE
GLUTEN-FREE AND VEGAN PUMPKIN SWIRL BREAD WITH TOFU CREAM CHEESE
GLUTEN-FREE APPLE CARAMEL BREAD
Find the full recipe in the video!
Fluffy gluten-free banana bread recipe - vegan
- 2 bananas
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted vegan margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup soy milk
- In a large bowl mash bananas using a fork. Add sugar, vanilla, and melted margarine. Whisk until combined.
- Next, add buckwheat flour, rice flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carefully combine, and add soy milk. The consistency should be light and creamy.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake at 400F (200°C) for about 45-50 minutes.
- Serve when it's completely cold. Enjoy!
PIN THIS PICTURE ON YOUR GLUTEN-FREE DESSERT BOARD!
This post was created on 4.8.2020 and updated on 2.5.2022.
Loved how moist this banana bread came out! And I loved the use of healthy ingredients.
Thanks a lot!
Buckwheat flour gets my vote every time. And nothing quite hits the spot like banana bread. Delicious.
the perfect breakfast! sooo good!
Love this gluten free and vegan banana bread. Using buckwheat flour makes it so healthy!
Right? Thank you!
Such a delicious recipe! 10/10!
Thank you so much!
Perfectly moist vegan and gluten free banana bread! Love the use of buckwheat flour. I've been experimenting with it and enjoy it.
Glad to hear this! Enjoy.
i love BB for breakfast on the go !
Right? It's super easy and delicious.