Want to bake something special but cute? You just cannot go wrong with cupcakes. But these ones are something else. They are extra flavorful, so creamy, and perfectly soft. These gluten-free cupcakes with chocolate frosting are absolutely incredible. It's like eating birthday cake in this cute small form.
The cupcakes are perfectly flavored. Under the layer of rich chocolate frosting is vanilla cake batter that is super fluffy and soft because of the aquafaba. I whipped aquafaba for extra fluffy consistency. This step is crucial and very important in this recipe.
Aquafaba makes everything more fluffy!
If you haven't heard of aquafaba, it is basically cooking water from chickpeas. You can simply buy a can of unflavored chickpeas and eat the chickpeas and leave the water for recipes and desserts like this one.
You might think, does it really make desserts fluffy? The answer is yes. If you beat up aquafaba in a stand mixer you can achieve the consistency of beaten egg whites. Crazy, right?
I was skeptical too! But I tried it anyway, I was curious if this really works! And I was pleasantly surprised.
You can create amazing recipes using aquafaba. It is really a magical ingredient. You can prepare the creamy mousse, cupcakes, angel cake, whipping cream, frosting, and much more!
Let's make these incredible gluten-free cupcakes with chocolate frosting!
First, let's bake simple vanilla muffins. For this step you will need:
- rice flour
- gluten-free oat flour
- potato starch
- baking powder
- baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- powdered sugar
- coconut milk only the watery part
- soy milk
In a large bowl combine dry ingredients except for sugar, which are: rice flour, gf oat four, potato starch baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Sift through a sifter and set aside.
In the stand mixer add aquafaba and beat until thick. This may take a few minutes, but keep an eye on it.
When it becomes really thick, just like beaten egg whites, slowly add in sugar, one tablespoon at a time.
Whisk until thick and shiny.
Next, slowly add in the flour mixture and combine until there are no lumps. The batter will be thicker, so now it's time to add coconut milk, soy milk, and vanilla. Create a creamy batter and pour into a muffin pan. Bake for about 25 minutes at 175°C (350F).
Cool down the muffins completely before decorating with frosting.
Next, prepare a bowl and add in thick part of coconut milk from a can and melted vegan chocolate. Whish until everything is combined and put into fridge for at least 1 hour.
When the muffins are baked and completely cold, and the frosting is thick, you can decorate the muffins.
Put the frosting into a piping bag and decorate the muffins. Lastly, sprinkle with sprinkles and enjoy!
These amazing gluten-free cupcakes with chocolate frosting are absolutely delicious. If you love chocolate desserts, then this recipe is just for you. It is perfectly flavored, fluffy, and so tasty. Save this recipe for later to impress everyone with this beautiful dessert.
These amazing cupcakes with chocolate frosting are:
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
If you are searching for cupcakes recipes, here are some of my favorites:
Gluten-free cupcakes with chocolate frosting
- 100 g rice flour
- 100 g gluten-free oat flour
- 60 g potato starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 160 g aquafaba
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 can coconut milk only the watery part
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 1 can coconut milk only the solid part
- 100 g melted vegan chocolate
- 50 g sugar *optional
- First, let's make muffins, by combing our dry ingredients, which are rice flour, oat flour, potato starch, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt.
- Next, in a stand mixer add aquafaba and whish until thick. Then slowly add in sugar and whisk for a few minutes. It should be really thick and shiny.
- Slowly add our prepared dry mixture and combine until there are no lumps. Then add a watery part of coconut milk from a can, soy milk, and vanilla. Carefully combine to create a creamy batter.
- Pout the batter into a muffin pan and bake at 175°C (350F) for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare chocolate frosting by combining a solid part of coconut milk from a can, melted chocolate, and sugar. Whisk until everything is combined and set into a fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When the muffins are baked and completely cold, put the frosting into a piping bag and decorate the muffins. Lastly, sprinkle colorful sprinkles on top and Enjoy!