Wraps are so easy to make. You can fill them with veggies, tofu, beans, rice and create an amazing meal. These spicy tofu wraps are suitable for lunch or you can pack them on trips.
These wraps are also gluten-free and vegan. I made my own wraps using buckwheat flour and later I fill them with veggies, fried tofu, avocado, and sriracha.
The combination of fresh veggies, crispy tofu, and spicy sriracha is so good. If you love wraps, I'm sure you will love this recipe.
These spicy tofu wraps are perfect for an easy lunch!
If you want to prepare somethign easy and quick for lunch, this is a way to go!
Wraps are perfect because you can fill them with whatever you have in your house. You can fill them with different veggies, sauces, rice, potatoes, or even beans. There are endless options.
You can also make these wraps a da ahead so you can grab them the next day. So easy, right?
Let's make these spicy tofu wraps!
The process of making these wraps is so easy and simple.
First, you will need to create gluten-free wraps, but don't worry, these wraps are so easy to make. You will need only buckwheat flour and water.
Combine those ingreidents until you have smooth and creamy batter.
Cook the wraps on a cooking pan from both sides until golden.
When then wraps are done, we can move to the next part of this recipes.
Let's make crispy tofu strips.
First, cut tofu into strips and cook them in a pan along with coconut oil. You will need to cook them from each side until crispy and golden.
When tofu is almost done, add seasonings and soy sauce and coock for about 2 more minutes.
When you have everything done, now it's time to fill the wraps!
Start by adding mashed avocado, crispy tofu strips, tomato, spring onions, lettuce, and lastly sriracha.
Roll the wraps and cut them in half before serving. Enjoy!
These gluten-free spicy tofu wraps are so easy to make but so delicious. They are perfect for quick lunch, for kids, or even for a snack! If you love wraps and tortillas, you can't miss this recipe.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customisable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace tofu with TVP, beans, or even tempeh.
- You can replace the veggies with veggies you like, such as cucumber, peppers, carrots, etc.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Easy to make
- Perfect for lunch
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR TOFU RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
You can find a full recipe in the video!
Gluten-free spicy tofu wraps
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 7 oz tofu
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 avocado
- 1 large tomato
- 2 spring onions
- 2 cups lettuce
- First, let's start with making gluten-free wraps. In a large bowl combine buckwheat flour and water and create a smooth batter.
- Cook the wraps from both sides on a large cooking pan. Make sure you are using a non-stick pan, otherwise you will need to add a little bit of oil, to make sure they won't stick to the pan.
- You should be able to create 8 large wraps. But this may vary, because of the size of your pan. If you have a smaller pan, you will create more wraps.
- Next, add a little bit of oil to a pan and cook tofu from both sides until crispy and golden. Make sure your tofu is cut into strips, so it is easier to eat in wraps.
- When the tofu is almost done, add seasonings and soy sauce and cook for about 2 minutes.
- When everything is ready, it is time to fill our wraps.
- Start by adding mashed avocado, crispy tofu, tomatoes, spring onions, lettuce, and lastly, sriracha. Roll the wraps and cut them in half before serving. Enjoy!