Muffins are so easy to make. You can create muffins with fruits, nuts, or even chocolate. In this recipe, I combined sour cranberries with sweet chocolate flavor! How unique! These gluten-free vegan cranberry chocolate muffins are just so good.
The sweet flavor from vanilla cake batter in combination with sour cranberries and melted chocolate is just incredible. This combination somehow created a wonderful taste.
Muffins are perfectly sweet and buttery. The batter is fluffy, soft, and very easy to make!
Let's go to the kitchen and make these cranberry chocolate muffins!
What is the secret to making moist muffins?
Here are some tips to make your muffins moist:
- Add vegan butter or margarine. It can make your muffins moist and not dry!
- Add enough liquid. Adding enough liquid is a key! THe batter should be light fluffy and easy to pour into the muffin cups.
- Add fresh fruits into the muffins. This can help make your muffins moist naturally.
- Add mashed banana or apple sauce. These inhgredients work beautifully. Your muffins will be fluffy but moist.
These were some tips to make your muffins moist and not dry at all! Some tips are more important than others, but in the end, if you try some of these tips I'm sure you can achieve the best muffin consistency.
What helps gluten-free muffins rise?
Gluten-free muffins need some extra baking powder and baking soda. The combination of these two ingredients makes a huge difference.
I found out using 1 tsp baking powder and 1/3 tsp of baking soda can make your muffins REALLY fluffy. But if your batter is thicker, you can use 2 tsp of baking powder easily.
Just be careful with baking soda. It can have such a strong taste. Make sure you are not using more than 1/3-1/2 tsp of baking soda.
Let's make these healthy gluten-free and vegan cranberry muffins with chocolate chips!
For this recipe, you will need to make a flax egg first.
Making a flax egg is so easy to make. Just mix 1 tbsp of flax meal with 4-5 tbsp of water and set aside. After 4-8 minutes the gel should be formed.
Meanwhile with a hand mixer whish vegan margarine into a fluffy consistency. Add powdered sugar and his until smooth.
Then add flax meal and vanilla and whisk until light and airy.
When the consistency is super light, add flours, starch, baking powder, salt, and carefully combine.
Lastly, gradually add soy milk and lemon juice. The batter should be light and smooth. Something similar to a thicker pancake batter.
The last step is to add cranberries and chocolate chips.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Enjoy warm.
These homemade gluten-free vegan cranberry chocolate muffins are just so delicious. They are so fluffy, very soft, and perfectly flavored. They are sweet and sour at the same time because of the cranberries and sweet chocolate.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace potato starch with cornstarch.
- Soy milk can be substituted with and plant-based milk.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Perfect for dessert
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR GLUTEN-FREE VEGAN MUFFINS, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
Gluten-free vegan cranberry chocolate muffins
- 3.5 oz vegan margarine room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp flax meal + 5 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup soy milk + 3 tbsp
- Juice of half of lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- First, in a cup combine the flax meal with water. Mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl whish vegan butter until creamy with a hand mixer. Next, add powdered sugar and whisk for about 1 minute. Then add vanilla, flax egg, and whisk for another 1 minute until fluffy.
- Next, add buckwheat flour, rice flour, potato starch, baking powder, and salt. Carefully combine and add soy milk and lemon juice gradually.
- The batter should be light and fluffy.
- The last step is to add chopped cranberries and chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the muffin baking pan and bake them at 400F (350°C) for about 30 minutes. Enjoy warm.