Strawberry cupcakes are just perfection. If you want something fresh, but creamy and delicious, these cupcakes are such a great choice for you. These gluten-free & vegan strawberry cupcakes with dairy-free frosting are delicate, flavorful and so creamy.
Vanilla cupcakes with fresh strawberry filling are so fluffy with juicy strawberries, that are hidden inside of each muffin. What can be better than a strawberry buttercream with jam on top? This combination is heavenly delicious.
These cupcakes are naturally gluten-free, vegan and so delicious.
Why you will love these vegan strawberry cupcakes
- Vegan - This dessert is perfect for your vegan friends or family members! But these strawberry cupcakes are suitable for everyone, not only for vegans/vegetarians.
- Gluten-free - These strawberry cupcakes are naturally gluten-free.
- So refreshing - Strawberry cupcakes are refreshing, juicy, and perfect in combination with vanilla muffin batter.
- Perfect for dessert - These cupcakes are perfect for dessert. It feels like eating a cake.
- 100% delicious
Can you put fresh fruit in cupcakes?
Fresh fruit is amazing in many recipes including cupcakes. Fruity recipes are so refreshing, flavorful and so good!
So the answer is yes, you can put fresh fruit in cupcakes! The cupcakes are moist, refreshing, and flavorful. Also, they are going to be very pretty from the inside.
By putting fresh fruit inside, there is going to be a little surprise when you bite into the cupcakes. How fun!
- gluten-free oat flour - This type of flour is perfect for baking cakes, muffins, or cupcakes.
- rice flour - Rice flour is perfect in this combination of flours. It is neutral and creates such a wonderfully fluffy texture.
- cassava flour - Cassava flour is neutral and very soft. Such a perfect flour for these cupcakes.
- buckwheat flour - This is my all-time favorite gluten-free flour. It works amazingly in many recipes including these cupcakes.
- baking powder - Baking powder is a much when baking cakes or cupcakes.
- baking soda - I love to combine baking powder with baking soda for the best results.
- brown sugar - Brown sugar creates such a delicate texture and caramel flavor.
- soy milk - You can use any type of plant milk, but soy milk is the creamiest and tastes the best.
- strawberry jam - These are extra strawberry cupcakes so adding jam to the batter is a must!
- melted vegan butter - Everything is better with butter, right?
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace soy milk with any plant-based milk
- Brown sugar can be easily replaceable with any powdered sweetener.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1: In a large bowl combine oat flour, rice flour, cassava flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then add soy milk, jam, and melted vegan butter.
Create a smooth and creamy batter.
Lastly, add chopped strawberries and carefully combine.
Step 2: Prepare a muffin pan and scoop the batter into each muffin hole.
Bake these dairy-free and egg-free cupcakes for about 30 minutes. When they are done, let them cool completely before decorating with vegan strawberry icing.
Dairy-free buttercream frosting with strawberries
- soy milk - The creamiest milk for the buttercream frosting.
- cornstarch - Cornstarch is a must in this frosting. It creates such a light texture.
- vegan butter - It is called BUTTERcream frosting for a reason, right? This ingredient is so important.
- powdered sugar - You can sweeten up this frosting with any type of powdered sweetener, but powdered sugar works the best.
- strawberry powder *optional - This ingredient is optional, but if you want to have EXTRA strawberry cupcakes, don't miss it!
- strawberry jam - Adding strawberry jam to the buttercream is amazing! You can feel fresh strawberries when you bite into the cupcakes. YUM!
Step 3: First, cook the soy milk with cornstarch until thick. Let it cool down and put it into the fridge for about 1 hour.
Step 4: Whisk powdered sugar with vegan butter until fluffy and slowly add cornstarch mixture.
Lastly, add strawberry powder and strawberry jam. Whisk until no lumps and creamy.
Step 5: Top each muffin with vegan strawberry buttercream. Decorate with fresh strawberries and enjoy!
These gluten-free & vegan strawberry cupcakes are so good. The gluten-free and dairy-free cupcakes are so soft, fluffy, and perfectly refreshing. Dairy-free buttercream on top is creamy and perfectly flavored. These strawberry-filled cupcakes are perfect for any special occasion.
Serve these vegan strawberry cupcakes with dairy-free buttercream frosting and a fresh strawberry on top and some powdered sugar for some extra garnishing.
Store these cupcakes in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
I don't recommend freezing these cupcakes, because the consistency might change.
However, they are the best eaten within 2 days.
Do I need to refrigerate buttercream strawberry cupcakes?
The short answer is yes, you most likely need to refrigerate buttercream cupcakes for several reasons.
The first reason is that buttercream will set up and harden a little bit in the fridge. If you would leave the cupcakes outside of the fridge, the buttercream might melt a little bit.
The second reason is the cupcakes will be free longer.
The last, third reason is the flavors will combine better. If you put the cupcakes into plastic or glass containers the flavors will be enhanced and perfectly combined.
What is the difference between buttercream and frosting?
Buttercream is usually made with butter and a few other ingredients, on the other side frosting can be made with whipping cream, cream cheese, or something else.
The main difference is that buttercream has a higher percentage of butter.
More cupcakes recipes:
Gluten-free & vegan strawberry cupcakes with easy vegan buttercream frosting
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup cassava flour
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup soy milk + 3 tbsp
- 1 tbsp strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter
Dairy-free vegan strawberry buttercream frosting
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup vegan butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp strawberry powder * blended freeze dried strawberries - OPTIONAL
- 3 tbsp strawberry jam
- In a large bowl combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. Add soy milk, jam, and melted vegan butter.
- Create a smooth batter and lastly, add chopped strawberries.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin baking pan lined with baking paper and bake them at 400F (200°C) for about 25-30 minutes.
- When the muffins are baked, let them cool down completely before decorating with the frosting.
- In a small saucepan cook soy milk with cornstarch until thick. Set it aside to cool down and put it into the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Lastly, in a medium-sized bowl whisk vegan butter and sugar with a hand mixer. Slowly add the cornstarch mixture, strawberry powder, and strawberry jam. Whisk until everything is combined and the frosting is light and airy.
- Decorate the muffins with the strawberry frosting and a fresh slice of a strawberry. Enjoy.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST YOU CAN FOLLOW ME HERE, AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE ON YOUR GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN CUPCAKES BOARD!
This post was created on 8.2. 202 and updated on 3.3.2022.