Healthy vegan bounty bars
Coconut and chocolate is always a good combination. The soft coconut inside goes so well with crunchy chocolate on top. Did you know that you can make your own healthy vegan bounty bars at home?
These are 4 ingredient coconut cream bars that you won't be able to resist. They are packed with flavors and creaminess. These coconut bars are easy to make and perfect not only for holidays.
If you like delightful coconut recipes, this one is for you. The full recipe is also vegan, gluten-free, and can be made sugar-free. Trust me, there is nothing better than homemade bounty bars.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THESE VEGAN BOUNTY BARS
- Vegan – These bars are perfect for your vegan friends or family members! But this dessert is suitable for everyone, not only for vegans/vegetarians.
- Gluten-free – These vegan bounty bars are naturally gluten-free.
- Dairy-free - This recipe is also dairy-free.
- Easy to make – The full recipe is so easy and simple.
- Coconut - For this recipe, you will need shredded coconut and coconut milk from a can. The combination of both creates unbelievably delicious flavors.
- Chocolate - Coconut and chocolate is such a delicious combination. it goes so well with creamy coconut filling.
- Shredded coconut - This is the main ingredient in this healthy bounty recipe.
- Canned coconut milk - Use only the solid part and always use high-fat canned coconut milk for the best results.
- Powdered sugar or any other powdered sweetener - To make this recipe sweeter you will need to add some type of sweetener. You can use whatever powdered sweetener you have, but traditional powdered sugar will be just fine.
- Dark chocolate - There is nothing better than creamy coconut bars covered in crispy chocolate. Yum.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace shredded coconut with coconut flakes.
- Powdered sugar can be replaced with any powdered sweetener.
- You can also add a scoop of your protein powder (preferably vanilla or coconut flavored) to create bounty protein balls.
Step 1: Blend the shredded coconut. This step is so important. You need to blend the shredded coconut into a flour-like consistency. It will be fragrant and so smooth. You can use a food processor or coffee blender.
Put the shredded coconut into a bowl along with other ingredients, such as canned coconut milk, and powdered sugar, and combine. In this recipe, we are using only a solid part of canned coconut milk because of its creaminess and rich taste. You can save the liquid and use it in different recipes, such as curry, and stew, or in sweet recipes as regular plant milk.
Step 2: Create bars using your hands. You can shape them easily with your fingers into small bars. You can also shape them into different shapes and create vegan bounty balls or healthy bounty bites. It's all up to you. Melt the dark vegan chocolate over the warm bath and cover them from each side. Make sure you are placing them onto parchment paper so they won't stick to the bottom of a plate.
Step 3: Put them into the fridge for about 1 hour before serving. Enjoy.
Tip: If you replace sugar with dates and chocolate for raw chocolate you can create raw bounty bars.
Serve this vegan bounty bars recipe drizzled with chocolate. You can also sprinkle them with shredded coconut for some extra decoration.
Store these clean eating bounty bars in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. I don't recommend freezing them because the consistency might change.
Tips for how to make the perfect healthy bounty bars
- Use only 90% + full-fat canned coconut milk. We are using only the solid part in this recipe so we need as much as possible. You can use the liquid in different recipes, or use it as traditional coconut milk. But in this recipe, you will need only the sold part.
- You have to blend the shredded coconut. The shredded coconut is great, but we need a light and smooth consistency, thatś is why you have to blend the shredded coconut into a flour-like consistency.
- Use high-quality dark chocolate. This is my personal preference, but it tastes way better with high-quality chocolate.
Can I use coconut flour instead of shredded coconut?
No. Coconut flour doesn't have that much flavor. The consistency will be perfect but we need that coconutty flavor. So I suggest using shredded coconut blended into a flour-like consistency.
Is bounty bar gluten-free?
Traditional bounty bars might not be gluten-free, but this recipe is gluten-free, vegan, and dairy-free.
More coconut recipes
GLUTEN-FREE COCONUT CAKE WITH VEGAN COCONUT FROSTING
VEGAN NO-BAKE CRANBERRY COCONUT CHEESECAKE RECIPE - GLUTEN-FREE
WHITE CHRISTMAS COCONUT BLISS BALLS
Healthy vegan bounty bars
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- A can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar or any other powdered sweetener
- 10 oz dark chocolate
- Blend the shredded coconut into a flour-like consistency and put it into a bowl along with canned coconut milk, and sugar, and combine. The consistency should be thick but still creamy. You should be able to create small bars with your hands.
- Create about 12 coconut bars with your hands. You can make the as big or as small as you want. Set them aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate over a water bath. When the chocolate is melted cover the bars in the chocolate and let them sit in the fridge for about 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!