Vanilla cookies with strawberry jam are always so good. If you still don't know what to make for Valentine's day, try these heart jam cookies that are so cute and perfect for your loved ones. The full recipe is gluten-free, vegan, and dairy-free.
These heart cookies are so easy to make. You will need only one bowl and a handful of ingredients for this recipe.
The cookie dough is simply vanilla flavored and very similar to Linzer cookies. By creating a heart thumbprint you are making these cookies way cuter. Don't forget to add your favorite jam inside the heart and bake them. So delicious. I highly recommend using strawberry jam. It goes so well with vanilla cookies.
Learn how to make these jam thumbprint cookies today.
Heart Cookies filled with Jam are Perfect for Valentine's Day. You can serve them for your friends or loved ones.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THESE HEART JAM COOKIES
- Vegan – These heart-shaped cookies with jam are perfect for your vegan friends or family! But this recipe is suitable for everyone, not only for vegans/vegetarians.
- Gluten-free – These heart-shaped jam cookies are naturally gluten-free.
- Dairy-free - This recipe is also dairy-free.
- Easy to make – The full recipe for cute heart cookies is so easy and simple.
- Vanilla cookies - Who doesn't like vanilla cookies, right? They are so easy to make and so delicious.
- Strawberry jam- Vanilla cookies with strawberry jam are delicious, but the heart-shaped thumbprint on the cookie filled with jam is way better and cuter! The cookies taste even better when they are nicely decorated.
- Melted vegan margarine - This ingredient is perfect in sugar cookies. It gives a nice buttery taste.
- Agave - Any liquid sweetener is ok to use in this recipe. But make sure you are using light-colored sweetener so the cookies will stay light and not dark in the color.
- Vanilla - This ingredient is a must in this jam heart cookie recipe.
- Lemon juice - Lemon enhances flavors, so it is perfect in this heart cookies recipe.
- Rice flour - One of the best gluten-free flours to use in cookies.
- Gluten-free oat flour - This flour is smooth and naturally sweet.
- Baking powder - To make these cookies rise, you will need a little bit of baking powder.
- Xanthan gum - Very important ingredient when it comes to gluten-free baking. It combines all ingredients together.
- A pinch of salt - Adding a little bit of salt stabilizes the flavors.
- Strawberry jam - Another very important ingredient. These vanilla cookies are filled with strawberry jam. You can use whatever jam you want to but a strawberry one is just a classic. But the next favorite jam is cherry flavored, so you can create cherry jam cookies. Cookies filled with jam are packed with flavor!
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace vegan margarine with vegan butter.
- Agave can be replaced with any liquid sweetener.
- You can replace strawberry jam with cherry jam to create cherry thumbprint cookies.
How to make heart-shaped thumbprint cookies? It is so easy. Just follow these steps and make viral Pinterest heart jam cookies.
Step 1: In a small pot melt the vegan margarine. Pour it into a bowl, add agave, lemon juice, and vanilla, and combine.
Step 2: Then add rice flour, oat flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and a pinch of salt. Create a smooth dough. For this step, you can use a stand mixer or use your hands.
Step 3: Roll into 10 balls and create a heart shape in the center of each ball using two thumbprints joined at the bottom. Lastly, fill the thumbprint with strawberry jam.
Step 4: Bake them at 350F (180C) for about 8-10 minutes. Enjoy!
Serve this Tiktok jam heart cookie recipe with a cup of milk or warm beverages such as tea or coffee. They are best served with friends or family.
How to store these jam-filled heart cookies? Store them in the fridge for up to 4 days. I don't recommend freezing the cookies, but you can make the dough in advance and freeze it for up to 1 month.
TIPS FOR THE BEST HOMEMADE TIKTOK JAM HEART COOKIES
- The dough is made without gluten, so you need patience when making these heart shapes. But take it slow, use your own hands and slowly create a heart shape.
- The warm dough works better than the cold one. The melted butter should be hot!
- Use xanthan gum. To hold the cookies together, you need a binder such as xanthan gum. Don't ship this step because the cookies might be too crumbly.
Why are my thumbprint cookies cracking?
It is completely normal, that your thumbprint cookies will crack on the sides. The dough doesn't have gluten, so it's pretty normal. You can also smooth the cookies before baking.
When making thumbprint cookies do you fill the centers with jam before or after baking?
In this recipe, I filled the cookies before baking. The jam will make the cookies moist and perfectly chewy. But if you like the traditional taste of vanilla cookies, without the undertones of strawberries, you can fill them with jam after baking.
More Valentines recipes:
- 1/2 cup melted vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Melt the vegan margarine and pour it into a medium-sized bowl. Add agave, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Next, add rice flour, oat flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and a pinch of salt. Combine and create a smooth dough.
- Create 10 small balls and use your hands to flatten them and create a heart shape using your thumbs. Fill the heart-shaped holes with strawberry jam.
- Bake them at 350F (180C) for about 8-10 minutes. Enjoy!