Gluten free lemon loaf
Juicy, moist, and lemony! Lemon cake is just perfection. This gluten-free lemon loaf is made for all lemon cake lovers out there. The dairy-free loaf cake is fluffy, and soft with undertones of vanilla and sour lemon. What a delicious combination!
This gluten-free lemon pound cake is very easy to make and super simple. You will need only a handful of ingredients. This one-bowl recipe is very easy to follow with no complicated steps.
There is something special about gluten-free lemon bread. It is sweet and sour a the same time. But the best thing about this cake is the consistency. Because of the yogurt, it has the softest consistency ever.
Lastly, this cake wouldn't be complete without a lemon glaze. Gluten-free lemon drizzle cake deserves a nice layer of sweet lemon glaze on top. But keep in mind, glaze the bread when it's completely cold and cooled down.
Learn how to make a gluten-free lemon loaf today.
What makes this gluten-free lemon pound cake recipe special?
- Vegan - This gf lemon drizzle cake is perfect for your vegan friends or family members! But this lemon loaf cake is suitable for everyone, not only for vegans/vegetarians.
- Gluten-free - This iced lemon pound cake is naturally gluten-free.
- So refreshing - Lemon recipes are so juicy and refreshing.
- Moist - This gluten-free lemon loaf cake is moist but fluffy. The yogurt gave the loaf such an amazing texture and moisture.
- Lemon - This is the main ingredient in this recipe. I added lemon juice to the cake and to the glaze on top.
- Oil - Such an important ingredient for many cakes or desserts. Oil makes this cake light and moist.
- Powdered sugar - In this recipe, I used powdered sugar, but you can use any powdered sweetener.
- Soy yogurt - This gluten-free lemon drizzle loaf wouldn't be complete without yogurt. It makes the whole cake so moist.
- Lemon - This is a lemon cake, right? Such an important ingredient! You will only need freshly squeezed lemon juice and that's it. You can use lemon zest but only if you are using organic lemons.
- Vanilla - Vanilla makes any cake better.
- Gluten-free oat flour - Oat flour is very neutral, with slight undertones of sweetness and a natural earthy flavor.
- Rice flour - Rice flour is perfect in this recipe. It makes the consistency so light.
- Sorghum flour - This flour is very light and creates a perfect consistency.
- Baking powder - To make your gluten-free lemon tea cake fluffy, this ingredient is a must.
- Baking soda - Combine baking powder with baking soda and you can have an extra fluffy and soft dessert.
- Soy milk - I used soy milk in this recipe, but plant milk is okay.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace powdered sugar with any powdered sweetener.
- Soy milk can be easily replaceable with any plant milk of your choice.
- You can also make this lemon cake with a gluten-free flour blend.
For this best lemon pound cake with lemon icing, you will need one bowl.
Step 1: First, whisk oil with powdered sugar until creamy and smooth. Then add yogurt, lemon juice, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
Step 2: Next, add:
- gluten-free oat flour
- rice flour
- sorghum flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
Carefully combine and lastly add soy milk. The batter should be creamy, smooth, and light.
Step 3: Prepare a loaf cake pan lined with parchment paper so the cake won't stick to the bottom or sides of the baking pan.
Pour the batter into the pan and bake the cake for 50 minutes or until golden.
Put the lemon bread aside to cool down completely.
Step 4: For the simple lemon glaze you will need:
- powdered sugar
- lemon juice
Mix these ingredients together and create a thick glaze. Pour the glaze on the lemon loaf and put it into the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Slice easy lemon pound cake loaf when it's completely cold. Enjoy!
This eggless lemon pound cake recipe is so delicious. The gluten and dairy-free lemon drizzle cake by itself has a fresh lemon taste and nice undertones of vanilla. The textures of this loaf are amazing. It is moist but delicate at the same time. Such a perfect dessert for Sunday afternoon. Try this gluten-free lemon yogurt cake today! It feels like eating Starbucks lemon loaf!
Serve this gluten-free vegan lemon loaf with lemon glaze and a slice of fresh lemon.
You can also omit the lemon glaze and dust the lemon loaf with powdered sugar.
Store this gluten-free lemon loaf cake in the fridge for up to 4 days.
I don’t recommend freezing this loaf cake, because it might change the consistency.
However, this loaf is the best freshly baked and eaten on the first or second day.
How do you know when your lemon bread is done?
Make sure the dairy-free lemon bread is baked fully by sticking a thin wooden stick into the loaf. When the stick comes out clean, the loaf is fully baked. On the other side, if the stick is covered with the batter it will take some more time to bake.
I recommend baking this loaf for about 50 minuter to 1 hour.
Do I need lemon extract?
For this recipe, you don't need lemon extract. Just use fresh lemon juice and it's just perfect.
Should you store lemon drizzle cake in the fridge?
Yes, you should. I highly recommend storing any gluten-free cake in a fridge. This way lasts longer and it will be fresh even the next day.
How can I make my gluten-free lemon cake fluffier?
Here are some tips to make your lemon cake extra fluffy and airy:
- Add baking powder along with baking soda! This combination will create the best results.
- Use soy milk. Combined with lemon, it will create almost the same consistency as buttermilk!
- For the best results sift the flour.
- Use powdered sugar. It is lighter and smoother.
More loaf cake recipes:
MOIST GLUTEN-FREE BANANA BREAD RECIPE - VEGAN
VEGAN CARROT CAKE BREAD - GLUTEN-FREE AND VEGAN RECIPE
GLUTEN-FREE APPLE CARAMEL BREAD
Gluten-free lemon loaf cake
Lemon loaf cake
- 1/3 cup oil *not coconut oil
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp soy yogurt
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- First, in a larger bowl whisk oil and sugar until fluffy. Next, add lemon juice, soy yogurt, and vanilla, and combine.
- Then add flours, baking powder, baking soda and carefully combine. Lastly, pour in soy milk. The batter should be light and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the loaf cake pan lined with parchment paper, and bake at 400F (200°C) for about 50 minutes.
- When the bread is out of the oven and completely cold, prepare the lemon glaze by mixing powdered sugar and lemon in a small bowl.
- Pour the glaze over the bread and let it sit in the fridge for about 2 hours. Enjoy!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST YOU CAN FOLLOW ME HERE, AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE!
This post was created on 1.2.2021 and updated on 5.2.2023.