The creamiest vegan cauliflower soup
Warm, creamy, and fragrant. This is how I would describe the creamiest vegan cauliflower soup. This soup is such a comfort food. It is super easy to make and very simple.
Cauliflower soup can be fun too! If you have the right ingredients, you can achieve the best consistency and flavors.
Do you want to know how to make this delicious and creamy vegan cauliflower soup? Read more!
How do you fix bland cauliflower soup?
This is a question, many people asking.
In theory, cauliflower soup can be delicious and flavorful, but on the other side, if you just throw all the ingredients into a pot and cook it, it might be bland.
Here are some tips to make your cauliflower soup better and more flavorful:
- Roast veggies first - by roasting you can enhance the flavors of veggies
- Add garlic and onion - these are the best ingredients for a soup base
- Add herbs - herbs create flavors, you can add dry or fresh herbs for even better taste
- Vegan soy cream - Heavy cream makes such a difference.
- Freshly cracked pepper - there is nothing better in a soup than a freshly cracked pepper
- Lemon juice - lemon juice creates such a unique taste
Here are some of my tips for making a better cauliflower soup.
How to thicken cauliflower soup?
To make sure your cauliflower soup is thicker and creamy, you need to be aware of how much liquid you are adding.
Always add less liquid than you think. You can add more later, but this is the safe way to do it.
But if you added too much liquid and the soup is very runny, here are some tips to make it thicker:
- Cook it without lid for about 15 minutes while constantly mixing, otherwise the soup might burn.
- Add chopped potato and coo until soft. When the potato is done, blend again.
- You can add water mixed with flour. Bring it to a boil and the soul should be so creamy.
Let's make this healthy vegan cauliflower soup!
For this quick and easy vegan cauliflower soup you will need:
- coconut oil
- veggie stock powder
- bay leaves
- vegan butter
- head of cauliflower *pre-cooked
- soy cream
- lemon juice
- black pepper
In a large pot fry garlic and onion in the oil until golden brown. Add veggie stock powder and lavage leaves.
Next, add vegan butter, chopped potato, and pre-cooked cauliflower. Roast for 2 minutes.
Add water and bring it to a boil. Cover with lit and simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove bay leaves and blend with a hand blender.
Lastly, add soy cream, lemon juice, salt, and freshly cracked pepper. Enjoy warm.
This creamy and smooth vegan cauliflower soup is just perfection. It is very light, creamy, and perfectly flavored. This is the best cauliflower soup recipe you will ever need! Try it for lunch or a cozy dinner.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace soy cream with vegan heavy cream.
- Lemon juice can be substituted with vinegar.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Easy to make
- So creamy
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR VEGAN SOUP RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
CREAMY BROCCOLI SOUP
VEGAN FALL HARVEST SOUP
EASY VEGAN ROASTED PUMPKIN SOUP
THE BEST VEGAN LENTIL SOUP
AMAZING VEGAN CHICKEN-LESS NOODLE SOUP
The creamiest vegan cauliflower soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp veggie stock powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 large chopped potato
- 1 head of cauliflower *pre-cooked
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy cream
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a large pot fry garlic and onion in coconut oil until golden. Add veggie stock powder and bay leaves, vegan butter, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, add chopped potato and pre-cooked cauliflower, and roast for about 2 minutes.
- Lastly, add water and bring it to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove lovage leaves and blend the soup with a hand blender.
- Finally, add soy cream, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Enjoy warm.
This soup looks irresistible and so flavorful! I love the idea of using coconut oil to fry the onions and garlic, it’s definitely the cherry on the cake. I cannot wait to try it!
Frying onions and garlic makes the flavor a lot better!
Oh wow, look at that color and texture! Looks delicious. I have to make this soup tomorrow. Can't wait. Yum!
I hope you like it!
Loving this vegan cauliflower soup! It is so creamy and delicious! Full of all the amazing flavors!
Thanks a lot!
We loved this soup! So creamy and healthy too, will be making this again.
Love this cauliflower soup. So flavourful and comforting. Thanks for sharing
Thank you so much!