This tofu stir fry with rice noodles is a meal you need to make at least once a week. The full recipe is so simple, easy, and very delicious. This easy vegan stir fry is full of flavors and colors!
The more veggies you add the prettier it will be!
Serve this noodle stir fry for a quick lunch or healthy dinner.
What type of tofu is best for stir-fry?
The best tofu to use for a stir fry is definitely firm or extra firm!
It has the best consistency and it won't fall apart while cooking.
Also, in this recipe, I fried the tofu until crispy, so it is VERY important to use firm/extra firm tofu and a non-stick pan!
But, if your tofu is too much watery, you can press it with towels or with a tofu presser like this one!
However, as long as you are going to use extra-firm tofu, this step is not necessary.
Let's make this healthy veggie tofu stir fry with rice noodles
First, you will need to soak the rice noodles in the water. This step is REALLY important, otherwise, the noodles may fall apart in the stir fry. Definitely don't skip this step!
Next, we can fry the tofu on a non-stick pan.
Add a little bit of oil into a pan and fry the tofu from both sides until crispy. It will take a few minutes. When the tofu becomes crispy add soy sauce and cook for one more minute.
Set the tofu aside and we can move on to the next step!
Chop all the veggies you need for the stir fry and put them into a pan along with some spices and soy sauce. Cook until soft.
When the veggies are done add soaked rice noodles and a little bit of water to cook the noodles completely.
It will take only a few minutes to cook the noodles completely.
When everything is done add the tofu into the stir fry and combine.
Serve with fresh greens, spring onions, and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
This easy tofu stir fry with rice noodles is perfect for a quick lunch or a healthy dinner. Make this for family, friends, or simply for yourself. This simple stir fry is flavorful, creamy, crunchy and so delicious.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can choose whatever veggies you like, such as cabbage, eggplant, etc.
- Rice noodles can be substituted with regular noodles.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR TOFU RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
Tofu stir fry with rice noodles
- 8 oz extra firm tofu *or firm
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 7 oz rice noodles + 2 cups of water to soak the noodles
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 tsp chinese seasoning *see notes
- First, cover the noodles in the water and set them aside.
- Next, in a pan add 2 tbsp sesame oil and cubed tofu. Cook from both sides until crispy and golden. Lastly, add 2 tbsp of soy sauce and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of sesame oil and fry the veggies until soft. Then add Chinese seasoning and soy sauce.
- Finally, add soaked rice noodles and 1/2 cup of water.
- Cook until the water evaporates.
- Lastly, add crispy tofu and combine.
- Serve with spring onions, sesame seeds, and fresh greens. Enjoy!