With the temperature change, warm drinks are very much welcomed. Especially with spices and flavorings. This vegan gingerbread latte is everything you will need this festive season. This cozy drink is made for Christmas, but it can be enjoyed all year round.
Gingerbread spices are a blend of cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg. The combination of these spices creates such a cozy atmosphere. A combination of coffee, foamy soy milk, and vanilla agave is just perfection. This vegan holiday latte is perfect to enjoy on a cold winter day.
This warm drink is made for cold winter days. Make your own Starbucks gingerbread latte at home.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS VEGAN GINGERBREAD LATTE
- Vegan – This gingerbread latte recipe is perfect for your vegan friends or family members! But this winter drink is suitable for everyone, not only for vegans/vegetarians.
- Gluten-free – This vegan latte is naturally gluten-free.
- Dairy-free - This recipe is also dairy-free.
- Easy to make – The full recipe is so easy and simple.
- Gingerbread spices - It's all about gingerbread spices, right? This spice mix gave such a delicate and comforting flavor to this latte.
- Espresso - For this recipe, you will need 2 shots of freshly brewed espresso.
- Soy milk - Soy milk works best in lattes. You can whisk them using a frother or a regular whisker and create fluffy foam. If you are going to use a different type of plant-based milk, keep in mind that not every plant-based milk will create a foam.
- Gingerbread spice - This is a key ingredient in this recipe. It is fragrant and delicious. And if you can't find the gingerbread spice mix at the store, you can easily make it at home. See notes in the recipe card.
- Vanilla agave - Creamy soy milk foam needs to be sweet. But the combination of gingerbread spiced coffee and vanilla foam on top is so good. If you don't have vanilla agave, you can use maple syrup with vanilla.
- Vegan whipped cream - This ingredient is optional, but it will make your drink way better. If you can add vegan whipped cream on top. It will be so delicious.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace soy milk with any plant-based alternative.
- Vanilla agave can be replaced with any liquid sweetener.
This recipe can be divided into 3 steps. The first one is to brew coffee, the next one is to make a vanilla foam and the last one is to serve with creamy whipping cream. Let's make this easy vegan gingerbread latte better than Starbucks.
Step 1: Brew the coffee. For this recipe, you will need 2 shots of espresso. When the espresso is brewed add gingerbread spice mix and set aside.
Step 2: The next step is to prepare vanilla foam. Add soy milk and agave into a small saucepan and bring it to a boil while whisking. You can use a hand whisker but I prefer frother. The milk should be creamy, light, and foamy easily.
Step 3: The last step is to pour the coffee into the cups, add foamy vanilla soy milk and finish with vegan whipped cream. You can use coconut whipped cream or soy whipped cream.
Serve this vegan gingerbread latte with whipped cream on top and extra gingerbread spice mix. Enjoy!
I don't recommend storing this latte. It is always the best fresh made.
Tips for how to make the perfect dairy-free gingerbread latte
- Preferably, use soy milk. This type of milk is so easy to whisk into a fluffy froth. If you would replace it with other plant-based milk alternatives, they might now work. Soy milk works beautifully in this recipe.
- Mix gingerbread spice mix into the coffee. This is so important! Don't add the spices only on top, add them directly to the coffee.
- To make this homemade gingerbread latte special serve it with whipped cream. It will be like drinking a cozy Christmas cloud out of the cup.
Can I make this vegan latte decaf?
Yes, of course. Just use your favorite decaf coffee and you will have a homemade decaf gingerbread latte.
What is a gingerbread latte made of?
It is made of coffee, milk, and gingerbread spices.
Is this easy vegan gingerbread latte just like Starbucks?
It doesn't taste exactly like a Starbucks latte, but it tastes pretty similar and even better! This version is cleaner and better for you.
More gingerbread recipes:
Vegan gingerbread latte
- 2 shots of espresso
- 2 cups soy milk
- 2 tsp gingerbread spice *
- 4 tbsp vanilla agave
- Vegan whipped cream
- Brew espresso and add the gingerbread spice mix. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan add soy milk, agave, and bring it to a boil while whisking. The milk should be fluffy and foamy.
- Prepare cups and pour the coffee, then vanilla foam on top. To make it even better serve with whipped cream and sprinkle with gingerbread spices mix. Enjoy warm.
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice - OPTIONAL