Cheesecake is an amazing dessert. It is so creamy, rich in flavor, and perfect in texture. This vegan & gluten-free creamy zebra cheesecake is just so special. The whole process is a little bit longer but so worth it.
If you want to bake something really special, this zebra cheesecake is absolutely amazing. The cookie base is perfectly buttery, sweet, and crunchy. On the other side, tofu filling is so rich, moist, and extra creamy. The combination of vanilla and chocolate tofu filling is absolutelly incredible.
This cheesecake is really a special dessert to make.
Tofu is amazing!
Tofu is really amazing. You can use it in sweet or savory desserts. I love using it in both ways.
Tofu is amazing fried, cooked, baked, or scrambled. But it is perfect in many sweet recipes, including this vegan & gluten-free creamy zebra cheesecake.
When you use certain spices and flavors, you can create unbelievably delicious cheesecake filling out of plain tofu.
Let's make this delicious vegan & gluten-free zebra cheesecake
First, you will need to make a cheesecake base.
If you have vegan and gluten-free cookies at home, you can easily skip this step! Or you can make cookies a day ahead to make it easier!
For a vegan and gluten-free cookies you will need:
- oat flour
- rice flour
- vegan butter
- brown sugar
These are our ingredients for super simple vegan and naturally gluten-free cookies.
Combine all of the ingredients and create medium-sized balls. Bake them on parchment paper for about 10 minutes or until golden.
When the cookies are done, let them cool completely.
For the next step, you will need to blend the cookies into a fine consistency. To make them a little bit more sticky, you will need to add melted vegan butter.
Prepare a cheesecake pan and add in cookie mixture. Use your hand to push this mixture to the bottom and to the sides of the pan. The base should be 1 cm thick from all sides.
When the base is ready, now it's time to prepare tofu filling.
For the tofu cheesecake filling you will need to blend these ingredients in a blender:
- soy milk
- brown sugar
The consistency shoud be really creamy and smooth.
Divide this tofu filling into two parts. One will be vanilla flavored and the other one chocolate flavor. Simple add cacao powder into the other half and carefully mix in.
Lastly, pour the vanilla and chocolate tofu mixture continuously onto the cheesecake base.
To create a zebra pattern, pour in the vanilla tofu mixture, then the chocolate mixture, and again the vanilla mixture. Repeat until you will run out of batter. You should create at least 10 layers.
Finally, bake the cheesecake for about 45 minutes.
Serve when the cheesecake is completely cold. Enjoy.
This vegan & gluten-free creamy zebra cheesecake is absolutelly delicious. The crust is buttery, crunchy, and perfectly sweet. The tofu filling is rich, creamy, and refreshing. The recipe takes a little bit longer time to prepare but it is so incredible. If you want to bake something special, this cheesecake is a win! It is so creamy, buttery and every bite will melt on your tongue. This is truly a perfect dessert.
This zebra cheesecake is:
- Perfectly refreshing
- 100% delicious
If you are searching for more dessert recipe ideas, here are some of my favorites:
GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN FUDGY CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE COOKIE CUPS WITH DATE FROSTING
THE BEST CARROT CAKE WITH COCONUT FROSTING – GLUTEN-FREE AND VEGAN RECIPE
GLUTEN-FREE BLUEBERRY LEMON MINI BUNDT CAKES
Vegan & gluten-free creamy zebra cheesecake
- 100 g oat flour
- 100 g rice flour
- 150 g vegan butter
- 60 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 50 g melted vegan butter for the cheesecake base
Tofu cheesecake filling
- 400 g tofu
- 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 60 g brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- First, we need to bake cookies for our cheesecake base. Simply mix all of the ingredients (except for MELTED vegan butter - we are going to use it later) for cookies, which are flours, vegan butter, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and create a smooth dough. Roll medium-sized balls in your hands and bake them on parchment paper for 170°C (350F) for 10 minutes or until golden.
- When the cookies are done, put them in a food processor to break them into a fine consistency. Then add melted vegan butter to make it a little bit more sticky.
- Add the cookie mixture into a cheesecake pan lined with parchment paper. Use your fingers to push the cookie mixture into the sides. This cookie base should be at least 1 cm thick.
- When the base is ready, now it's time to make the tofu cheesecake filling.
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender (except cacao powder) and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide this tofu filling into two parts. Add the cacao powder into one part and mix it carefully. Now you will have two flavors of tofu filling - one basic, vanilla flavored, and the other one chocolate.
- The last step is to pour chocolate and vanilla filling continuously onto the cheesecake base. To create a zebra pattern start by pouring vanilla filling, then chocolate, and again vanilla. Repeat until you run out of both fillings. *
- Bake the cheesecake at 170°C (350F) for 45 minutes. Serve completely cold. Enjoy.
- If you want to create a special pattern, use a knife, to create desired pattern or spirals.