Creamy, smooth, and rich. This is how I would describe the texture and taste of these white Christmas coconut bliss balls. Coconut is one of those ingredients that makes anything more festive and special. This is why I love to make these bliss balls at the end of the year, for Christmas.
No matter if you have snowy Christmas or not, these healthy Christmas balls will make your Holidays a little better. Just look at them! Snowy white balls that taste like creamy heaven. This is the best dessert for Christmas.
Perfect last-minute dessert
If you are one of those people who are baking and cooking at the very last minute then this recipe is for you. Moreover, this recipe only contains 3 ingredients, and it's no-bake! This is awesome, especially if you are in a rush and still want to prepare something delicious.
Somehow, the best recipes are the easiest. You will surprise anyone with this fantastic recipe.
The full recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THESE CHRISTMAS COCONUT BLISS BALLS
- Vegan – These Christmas balls are perfect for your vegan friends or family members! But these easy bliss balls are suitable for everyone, not only for vegans/vegetarians.
- Gluten-free – These bliss balls are naturally gluten-free.
- Dairy-free - This recipe is also dairy-free.
- Easy to make – The full recipe is so easy and simple.
- Smooth - You will be surprised by how creamy and smooth these coconut balls are.
- Coconut - This is the main ingredient of these white Christmas coconut bliss balls. Coconut is festive and these balls almost look like little snowballs. How cute.
- Shredded coconut - This is the main ingredient in this recipe. To make the bliss balls creamy, you must blend the coconut first. You can use a coffee blender, food processor, or high-speed blender. The finer the consistency the smoother the bliss balls will be. Also, make sure you are using unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Canned coconut milk - Some may call it a coconut cream but it is basically the same. For this recipe you need canned coconut milk or cream. Just make super itis more than 90% fat. We will work with the solid part of the canned coconut milk, so we need as much of it as possible.
- Agave - This is a natural sweetener. You can also use maple syrup or traditional powdered sugar. It's all up to you and your preferences.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace agave with maple syrup.
- You can also add protein powder to these and create Christmas protein balls. You can make your protein balls with coconut or vanilla protein powder.
Did I mention how easy this recipe is? No? Well, in that case, this recipe is super simple and very easy to make.
For these Xmas bliss balls, you will need just one bowl and blender, but don't worry, it doesn't have to be a high-speed blender. A coffee blender or food processor is all right!
Simple, right? Those are our main ingredients. Now there is a time for some blending.
Step 1: Blend shredded coconut into a fine or smooth consistency. It really doesn't have to be perfect, but the better you can blend it, the better the consistency will be. So I suggest you blend the coconut as much as you can. But keep that in mind that it will affect the consistency. In my case - the smoother, the better.
I really prefer the smooth inside of bliss balls, but some chunks or small pieces are totally fine.
Step 2: Next, prepare a large bowl and combine all ingredients together, which are shredded coconut, which we blended in a blender, canned coconut milk, and agave.
Mix it all well and put the mixture in a fridge for at least 30 mins. The coconut milk will make the mixture a lot thicker, so we can create balls very easily.
After 20 minutes, check on the mixture, if it's thick and you can roll the balls it's perfect! But sometimes it depends on the coconut milk, so if it needs more time to thicken, leave it in a fridge for a couple more minutes.
Step 3: If your mixture is ready, create coconut bliss balls in your hands and cover them in shredded coconut, and you are done!
This recipe is very easy to make, however, the longest part is waiting for the mixture to be thicker, but since this recipe is no-bake, you don't have to worry about burning or undercooking your dessert!
These white Christmas coconut bliss balls are so simple but delicious. These coconut bliss bites contain only 3 ingredients and taste like heaven. Coconut is just so special. It can create a creamy consistency, smooth texture, and delicate taste. Just by smelling coconut, I feel festive and somehow special. These vegan Christmas bliss balls are just so good.
Psst, you can also enjoy these healthy coconut balls throughout the year.
Serve these healthy Christmas bliss balls with a cup of tea or coffee. Enjoy!
Store these bliss balls in the fridge for up to 1 week. I don't recommend freezing them because the consistency might change.
Tips and tricks for successful gluten-free Linzer cookies
- Blend the shredded coconut. Don't use coconut flour. Shredded coconut has so much flavor and this flavor is much needed in this recipe.
- Use full-fat canned coconut milk. Coconut milk should be creamy and you should only use the solid part.
- If you feel like your mixture is too runny, put it into a fridge for about 30 minutes. When the consistency will be still runny, add more blended shredded coconut or vice versa.
Can I use coconut flour instead of blended shredded coconut?
No. Coconut flour has very little aroma and we need strong coconut flavors in this recipe. I highly recommend using a traditional unsweetened shredded coconut and blending it into a flour-like consistency. This way the shredded coconut will be smooth and very fragrant.
Is this recipe sugar-free?
Yes, this recipe is naturally sugar-free, gluten-free, and vegan.
More Christmas desserts:
Do you like this video? Check out my previous recipe: CHRISTMAS GINGERBREAD OATMEAL RECIPE
White Christmas coconut bliss balls
- 2 cups blended shredded coconut
- 1 canned coconut milk at least 90% fat
- 5 tbsp agave
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Blend the shredded coconut into a food processor until you have a flour-like consistency.
- Next, prepare a large bowl and combine add the ingredients, which are blended shredded coconut, canned coconut milk, and agave.
- Put this mixture into a fridge for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes form balls and coat them in shredded coconut. Enjoy!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST YOU CAN FOLLOW ME HERE, AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE ON THE CHRISTMAS RECIPES BOARD!
This recipe was created on 3.12.2020 and updated on 12.12.2022.