Lentil crackers recipe - gluten-free vegan
This lentil crackers recipe is so simple. You will need only 7 ingredients to make these baked lentil chips. This recipe is SUPER easy and very delicious.
Vegan crackers are a very easy snack to make. This one-bowl recipe can be done in 30 minutes!
The full recipe is gluten-free, vegan, and egg-free.
You can serve these gluten-free crackers with hummus, vegan cheese spread, or eat them plain.
Why you will love this easy lentil crackers recipe
- Vegan - This recipe is perfect for your vegan friends or family members! But these lentil crackers are suitable for everyone, not only for vegans/vegetarians.
- Gluten-free - These crackers are naturally gluten-free, using only gluten-free lentil flour.
- Perfect for a snack - What is better than healthy crackers for a snack?
- High protein - These crackers are made with lentil flour which is high in protein.
- 100% delicious
What are gluten-free crackers made of?
Gluten-free crackers are usually made with different types of gluten-free flour, water, oil, and seasonings.
The best part is the seasonings. You can add whatever seasonings you like. The best herbs and seasonings you can add:
- Garlic powder, onion powder, lemon pepper, turmeric, paprika, etc.
- Oregano, basil, rosemary, parsley, dill, etc.
Remember, the best crackers are usually made with some spices or seasonings.
For these crackers you will need:
- lentil flour - This flour is perfect for crackers. Lentil flour is flavorful and also high in protein!
- baking powder - Baking powder is a must for baking without gluten.
- salt - Salt makes everything better. It enhances the flavors and it is perfect in sweet or savory recipes.
- onion powder - If you want to make your crackers fun and flavorful add onion powder.
- garlic powder - The same thing applies to garlic powder. It makes a basic meal to whole another level.
- poppy seeds *optional - This ingredient is optional, but it makes the crackers a little bit more flavorful and fun!
- water - This is a combining ingredient. Without water, the dough wouldn't stick together.
- oil - Oil gives these crackers crispiness. Everyone loves crispy crackers, right?
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace garlic powder with raw garlic.
- Baking powder can be easily replaceable with baking soda, just use 1/3 tsp of baking soda.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1: In a large bowl combine these ingredients and create a smooth dough. It will be a little bit sticky, but it's ok!
Step 2: Transfer the dough onto the pan lined with parchment paper and spread it thinly (just like you want your crackers) with a spatula. You can help spread the dough with water.
Step 3: Cut the shapes of your crackers using a pizza cutter and bake for about 20 minutes.
Serve with veggie spread, hummus, cheese sauce, or on its own! Enjoy!
This lentil crackers recipe is super easy to make and delicious. The crackers are full of flavor and perfectly crunchy. Make these best gluten-free crackers for a charcuterie board or for a party!
More snack recipes:
EASY HUMMUS RECIPE WITHOUT TAHINI
VEGAN WHIPPED TOFU WITH ROASTED TOMATOES
SUPER SIMPLE GLUTEN-FREE SEED CRACKERS
How to make lentil flour?
Making gluten-free lentil flour is so easy. Just put lentils into the blender and blend for a few seconds. Make sure you are using a high-speed blender, otherwise you might not make lentil flour.
I prefer to use an electric coffee grinder.
What does lentil flour taste like?
Raw lentil flour tastes very strong pungent, but cooked lentil flour in savory recipes is so delicious. It tastes just like cooked red lentils.
Is there gluten in crackers?
Yes, in regular crackers there is gluten in a form of wheat flour. If you are gluten-free stay away from regular crackers.
Search for gluten-free crackers at the store or make your own at home! It is so easy.
Can you blend raw lentils?
Yes, you can blend raw uncooked lentils easily in a blender or food processor.
I prefer to use an electric coffee grinder for the best results. But a high-speed blender will work wonderfully.
Gluten-free crackers with lentil flour
- 1 cup lentil flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp poppy seeds *optional
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp neutral oil
- In a large bowl combine all of these ingredients. The dough should be thick but sticky.
- Spread the dough onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper thinly using a spatula and water, so the dough isn't sticking.
- Cut the shapes of your crackers using a pizza cutter and bake at 400F (200°C) for about 20 minutes.
- Serve them with hummus, guacamole, salsa, or on its own. Enjoy!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST YOU CAN FOLLOW ME HERE, AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE ON YOUR GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN SNACK BOARD!
This post was created on 9.6.2020 and updated on 7.3.2022.
I love red lentils and these crackers look AWESOME! They must taste delicious with hummus 😍
SIMPLYBERENICA — INSTAGRAM
They are amazing with hummus or any veggie spread!