There is nothing better than homemade bread with fresh garlic butter. The combination of fluffy bread and creamy butter is such a comfort food. If you love this combination as much as I do, you need to try this gluten-free bread with garlic chive butter.
This wheat-free bead is such a simple one-bowl recipe. The middle of the bread is so soft and the crust is perfectly crunchy.
Everyone loves butter, but have you ever tried adding some herbs? Herbs and butter were made for each other. I also added roasted garlic, which changed everything.
The taste of roasted garlic, creamy butter, and fresh chives is everything.
Serve this delicious homemade bread as an appetizer, snack, or side dish.
Why you will love this no yeast gluten-free bread
- Vegan - This healthy gluten-free bread is perfect for your vegan friends or family members! But this bread is suitable for everyone, not only for vegans/vegetarians.
- Gluten-free - This bread is naturally gluten-free.
- Easy to make - The full recipe is so simple and very easy to make.
- Flavorful - The combination of soft gluten-free bread and garlic herb butter is delicious.
- 100% delicious
- buckwheat flour - This is one of the best gluten-free flour to bake with.
- sorghum flour - Very neutral flour with a nice and neutral taste.
- cassava flour - This flour acts almost like starch - it holds everything together.
- baking powder - Baking powder is a must in many recipes, including this bread.
- flax meal - Flax meal holds everything together and it also adds nice color to the bread.
- psyllium husk - This ingredient is so important when it comes to baking bread without yeast. It will create very fluffy and airy bread.
- salt - Salt is needed in every savory recipe.
- water - Water is such an important ingredient.
- apple cider vinegar - It will help raise the dough.
Vegan garlic herb butter
- minced garlic - This butter wouldn't be complete without roasted garlic. Yum!
- neutral oil - Oil will help roast the garlic easily.
- softened vegan butter - This is a key ingredient.
- chopped chives - Chives make this butter lot better. Chives gave it freshness and beautiful color.
- A pinch of salt - Always adds a pinch of salt. No more.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
You can replace cassava flour with tapioca flour.
Minced garlic can be easily replaceable with garlic powder.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1: In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients for the bread. The dough should be thick but sticky. Let it sit for about 15 minutes before moving on to the next step.
Step 2: Line the pan with parchment paper and shape the dough into a loaf. If the dough is too sticky, just use oil to form a nice loaf of bread.
Glaze the dough with some extra oil and bake for about 1 hour. You can also cut the bread on the top to make a nice pattern.
When the bread is baked, let it cool down before slicing it. The bread might be sticky and hard to slice.
Step 3: Moving on to the next step - vegan herb and roasted garlic butter.
In a small saucepan fry minced garlic with oil until golden. Keep an eye on the garlic, because it might burn easily. When you see a few golden pieces, immediately remove them from the heat.
Step 4: In a small bowl combine softened vegan butter, chives, roasted garlic, and a pinch of salt. Whisk until the butter is fluffy and all of the ingredients are combined.
This no yeast gluten-free bread with homemade garlic chive butter is simply amazing. The combination of freshly baked bread with smooth and herby butter is so delicious. If you love the taste of fresh herbs, roasted garlic, and homemade bread, this recipe is a must-try for you!
Serve the bread with fresh herb butter and slices of tomatoes.
You can also toast the bread for some crunchiness.
Store this easy gluten-free bread in the fridge for up to 4 days.
This bread is also freezer friendly. You can freeze the bread for up to 1 month.
However, this bread is the best freshly baked and eaten within a few hours.
Do you knead gluten-free dough?
The gluten-free dough doesn't need that much kneading. Simply because it doesn't contain gluten, there is no such a thing as activating gluten or overmixing!
With gluten-free baking, just make sure the ingredients are combined and that's basically it!
No need for kneading the dough for hours!
How to infuse butter with herbs?
Infusing butter with herbs is so easy to make. You will need only butter and herbs to make your own herb butter at home.
You can use whatever herbs you want. In this recipe I used chives, but feel free to use basil, oregano, mint, or rosemary!
Simply add herbs into the butter and let it chill in the fridge for at least one hour before serving.
More gluten-free bread recipes:
Find the full recipe in the video!
No yeast gluten-free bread with homemade garlic chive butter
Gluten-free and yeast-free bread
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup cassava flour * or tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
Vegan garlic herb butter
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp neutral oil
- 1/3 cup softened vegan butter
- 5 tbsp chopped chives
- A pinch of salt
- In a large bowl add buckwheat flour, cassava flour, sorghum flour, baking powder, flax meal, psyllium husk, and salt. Combine, and add water, vinegar, and create a smooth and sticky dough. Let the dough rest for about 15 minutes before baking.
- The dough will be thicker after 15 minutes. Transfer it to the baking pan lined with parchment paper. Create a shape of bread and glaze with melted coconut oil on top. Bake at 400F (200°C) for about 1 hour and 5 minutes.
- When the bread is baked, let it cool completely before slicing!
- Next, prepare a vegan garlic herb butter.
- In small saucepan fry garlic in the oil until golden. Immediately remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine butter, chives, garlic, and salt. Whisk until fluffy and combined.
- Serve the bread with homemade garlic chive butter and fresh slices of tomatoes. Enjoy!