Apples, cinnamon, caramel, and coffee. These are the flavors representing this delicious fall drink. This iced apple crisp macchiato with oat milk is smooth, creamy, and perfect for autumn days.
Starbucks apple crisp macchiato is everywhere right now, so why not prepare somehow similar but still delicious fall drink?
This delicious apple drink is also gluten-free, vegan, and naturally dairy-free.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS ICED APPLE CRISP MACCHIATO
- Vegan – This apple macchiato is perfect for your vegan friends or family members! But this drink is suitable for everyone, not only for vegans/vegetarians.
- Gluten-free – This fall drink is naturally gluten-free.
- Easy to make – The full recipe is so easy and simple!
- Apple caramel - This recipe contains apple caramel which makes this drink so delicious and perfect for fall. It's like eating apple pie in a drink. So good!
- 100% delicious
- brown sugar
- vegan butter
- apple juice
Apple crisp macchiato
- espresso shots
- oat milk
- apple caramel
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace brown sugar with white sugar.
- Oat milk can be replaced with any plant-based milk.
Let's make this delicious apple Starbucks drink!
Step 1: First, let's make apple caramel, which gave the macchiato the fall apple pie flavors.
In a small saucepan add brown sugar and cook for about 5 minutes or until it melts. You need to stir the sugar so it doesn't burn.
When the sugar is completely melted remove from the heat and add butter. Stir until combined. Now, it's time for some liquids. Slowly add apple juice until the caramel is nice and creamy. If you feel like the caramel sauce is too liquidy, simply bring it to a boil and cook for about 1 minute.
But keep in mind caramel will be watery when it's hot. If you cool it down or put it into the fridge it will settle down and will be thick but still creamy.
When the caramel is ready add cinnamon and a pinch of salt to taste.
Step 2: In a large cup add oat milk, and apple caramel, and which until fluffy.
Next, add ice cubes into the cup along with a shot of espresso. Carefully add oat milk on top. If you want to have 2 separate layers, pour the milk slowly with a spoon.
Top with whipped cream and extra apple caramel on top. Enjoy!
Serve this iced apple crisp macchiato with whipped cream and a drizzle of apple caramel. Or there are other apple crisp toppings, such as caramel chunks, extra cinnamon, or dried apples.
I don't recommend storing this beverage. It is best consumed within the first few hours!
Does apple crisp macchiato have caffeine?
Yes, this macchiato contains caffeine. But you can use non-caffeinated coffee if you are sensitive to caffeine.
Is apple crisp macchiato vegan?
Yes. I used oat milk, which is naturally dairy-free and vegan.
Is apple crisp macchiato sweet?
It is as sweet as you made it. In my recipe, I added the perfect amount of sweetness. But it's always up to you. If you like your coffee sweet just add more apple caramel. But on the other hand, if you want your coffee stronger, just add less caramel. It will be delicious both ways.
MORE FALL DRINK RECIPES:
Iced apple crisp macchiato with oat milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vegan butter
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- A pinch of salt
- A dash of cinnamon
Apple crisp macchiato
- 2 shots espresso
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 4 tbsp apple caramel
- Whipped cream
- Ice cubes
- First, let's make apple caramel. In a small saucepan melt the brown sugar while stirring. it should melt easily.
- When the sugar is melted, remove it from the heat and add butter. Combine and slowly add apple juice. Lastly, add cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Next, brew coffee and we can serve.
- Into the cup add ice cubes and an espresso shot.
- In a large cup whisk oat milk with apple caramel until frothy.
- Slowly pour the milk onto the cold espresso. If you want to have two layers of coffee and milk, you need to pour the milk with a spoon.
- Lastly, finish the coffee with whipped cream and extra apple caramel on top. Enjoy!