Sparkling drinks are a must on any special occasion. But believe it or not, fancy cocktails are not that hard to make. Try this orange sangria recipe today.
The combination of zesty orange juice, sparkling soda, and earthy red wine is amazing. This wine sangria recipe is sweet, sour, and sparkling at the same time. This is a perfectly refreshing drink to make.
This easy red wine sangria is made with only 3 ingredients and is very simple to make.
Serve this red wine orange sangria in fancy glasses and enjoy!
What fruit goes best in sangria?
Sangria is usually made of fruit juice, sparkling water, and wine.
It is quite simple to make your own sangria at home. You can add different types of fruit juices, and spices to create different flavors! But what fruit goes best in sangria?
The best fruit for sangria is oranges, cranberries, strawberries, or cherries.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS ORANGE SANGRIA RECIPE
- Vegan – This drink is perfect for your vegan friends or family! But this sangria is suitable for everyone, not only for vegans/vegetarians.
- Gluten-free – This cocktail is naturally gluten-free.
- Dairy-free - This recipe is also dairy-free.
- Easy to make – The full recipe is so easy and simple.
- Orange juice - Orange juice makes everything fresh and juicy. By adding orange juice to sangria you can create a delicious and refreshing drink
- Red wine - Red wine is a must in this recipe.
- Red wine - This is a key ingredient in this recipe.
- Orange juice - Orange juice is perfectly refreshing in this recipe. You can also add blood orange juice to this recipe for a stronger and deeper red color. This way you will create blood orange sangria.
- Sprite - You can use any type of soda, but sprite works best in this sparkling orange sangria recipe.
- Date syrup - If you love your drinks sweeter, just add date syrup or any other sweetener.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace red wine with pomegranate juice to make this drink alcohol-free.
- Sprite can be replaced with any sparkling soda.
Step 1: Combine red wine, orange juice, sprite, and date syrup in a larger pitcher.
Step 2: Prepare fancy glasses and you are ready to serve. Enjoy!
I recommend you decorate the glasses with a sugar coating. You can easily do that by coating the rim of the glass into the agave and then to the white sugar. You can also serve this drink over ice cubes or crushed ice.
Serve this red sangria in festive glasses with orange slices and fresh rosemary sticks.
Store this sparkling sangria in a fridge for up to 2 days. But this sangria is the best consumed within the first day.
Tips for making the best orange sangria:
- Use mildly sweet red wine for the best results. No one likes sour sangria, so keep this in mind.
- Sprite is much needed in this recipe. It has a refreshing lemony flavor.
- Chilled sangria tastes better. Before serving put it into the fridge for at least 2 hours or serve over ice cubes.
Do you peel the orange for sangria?
You don't have to peel the oranges for sangria. Although, you should wash oranges before using them in any drink.
What is the best wine for sangria?
You don't have to use a special wine to make a good sangria. Just make sure you are using earthy and mildly sweet red wine.
How long will sangria last?
Sangria usually lasts 2 - 3 days, but it is best consumed within the first day.
More festive drinks recipes:
Orange sangria recipe
- 2 cups red wine
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup sprite
- 2 tsp date syrup *agave
- In a large pitcher add red wine, orange juice, sprite, and date syrup. Stir until the flavors are combined.
- Serve in fancy glasses with ice cubes and orange slices. Enjoy!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST YOU CAN FOLLOW ME HERE, AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE ON THE DRINKS BOARD!
This recipe was created on 27.12.2021 and updated on 26.12.2022.