Blackberries are the best! But did you know you can add them into drinks and create wonderful lemonades? This blackberry orange lemonade drink is just so good!
The combination of sweet blackberries, orange juice, and a hint of vanilla is absolutely delicious.
Also, I love the ombre effect. Blackberry puree is thicker so it stays in the bottom of the glass and ice cubes created a barrier so you can easily pour orange juice. That way you will have a beautiful ombre blackberry cocktail that is so good and so pretty!
What goes well with blackberries?
Blackberries are perfect with sweet or savory ingredients.
You can add them into vanilla muffins, cakes, pies, or make a jam with basil or vanilla. You can also combine them with chocolate or cinnamon.
When it comes to savory dishes, blackberries are perfect in cheese board or with salads!
In this recipe, I put them together with sweet vanilla flavor and sour orange juice and created a blackberry lemonade recipe, that is just so good!
By doing this a nice contrast was created. Also, the colors were absolutely stunning.
Let's make this delicious blackberry drink
First, you will need to make a puree out of blackberries.
Blend the blackberries in a blender or a food processor and sift them through a sifter. You need to sift them through a sifter so there are no seeds.
Put the blackberry puree into a saucepan with the sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla.
Bring it to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes or until it gets thicker.
Let the puree completely cool down before serving. Preferably overnight.
Prepare glasses and pour the blackberry puree in 1/3 of a glass. Then add ice cubes and slowly pour orange juice over the ice cubes. Enjoy!
This simple blackberry orange lemonade drink is so delicious. The combination of sour orange juice, sweet blackberries, and a hit of vanilla is just so refreshing. This is a perfect drink for parties, picnics, or for families.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace brown sugar with any sweetener of your choice.
- Orange juice can be substituted with juice of fresh orange or clementine juice.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Perfectly refreshing
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR REFRESHING DRINK RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
Blackberry orange lemonade drink
- 3 cups blackberries
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- Juice of half of lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups orange juice
- 4 cups ice cubes
- First, prepare a blackberry puree. Start by blending blackberries in a blender or a food processor.
- Then sift them through a sifter so there are no seeds in a puree.
- Pour the blackberry puree into a saucepan along with sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla. Bring it to a boil and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it thickens.
- Let the blackberry puree cool down completely before serving ideally for 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve in fancy glasses. Pour the blackberry puree first. It should be in 1/3 of a glass and then add ice cubes. Lastly, pour the orange juice on the ice cubes. It will create such a beautiful purple and orange ombre. Enjoy!