There is nothing more comfortable than a bowl of creamy and flavorful bowl of pasta. Especially in the fall, when the weather is gloomy and cold. This is the best recipe for creamy pumpkin pasta sauce, you need to make this season!
Pumpkin recipes are always so special. You can create many recipes using pumpkin, including sweet or savory, but I prepared my favorite recipe for fall this time!
This vegan pumpkin pasta sauce is creamy, smooth, and perfectly seasoned. It is made out of whole ingredients, and it is so cozy!
How do you make a creamy sauce for pasta?
The creaminess from pasta comes with a choice of ingredients.
When you want to create really smooth pasta sauce, here are some tips that might help you:
- Use soy cream or vegan whipping cream to make it more creamy.
- Use vegan butter for extra flavor and creaminess.
- Bending the sauce is the key! if you don't have a strong blender, you should blend a little longer, for the best results.
- Add more liquid. Sounds weird but adding more plant milk will definitely help with creaminess.
Here are some tips that may help you to create really smooth and creamy pasta sauce.
What is the edible part of a pumpkin?
You can eat every part of a pumpkin, including seeds, pulp, or even skin.
But for most recipes, you will need only a pulp to make a creamy and smooth puree.
Also, don't throw away the seeds, you can rinse them and roast them in the oven. This could be such a delicious snack!
Let's make this healthy & creamy pumpkin pasta sauce recipe!
For this pasta sauce, you will need to roast the pumpkin first.
Chop the pumpkin in half and bake for about 45 minutes or until soft.
When the pumpkin is baked, carefully remove the seeds and skin.
In the saucepan, fry the oil with butter and add minced garlic and veggie stock powder. Cook until golden brown.
Next, add pumpkin and roast for a few minutes.
The next step is to add soy milk, soy cream, and lemon juice, so the sauce will become nice and creamy.
Blend the soup with a hand blender or a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
Lastly, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with pasta of your choice. Enjoy!
This easy vegan pumpkin pasta sauce is so simple to make but very delicious! Roasting the pumpkin enhances the flavors a lot more, so this sauce is more flavorful. This roasted pumpkin pasta sauce is perfect for a healthy dinner or simple lunch.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace lemon juice with vinegar.
- Soy cream can be substituted with vegan heavy cream.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Perfect for dinner
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR VEGAN PUMPKIN RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
You can find a similiar recipe in the video!
Creamy pumpkin pasta sauce
- large pumpkin
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp veggie stock powder
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup soy cream
- Juice of half of lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to your package instructions.
- Cut the pumpkin in a half and remove the seeds. Put it on a baking sheet and bake at 350F (180°C) for 45 minutes, or until soft.
- When the pumpkin is baked. Carefully remove the seeds and skin.
- In a saucepan heat oil and vegan butter. Fry garlic and veggie stock powder until golden. Next, add pumpkin and sautee for 3 minutes.
- Pour soy milk over the pumpkin along with soy cream, and lemon juice.
- Remove from the heat and blend with a hand blender.
- Lastly, season with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over pasta and enjoy!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST YOU CAN FOLLOW ME HERE, AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE ON YOUR VEGAN FALL RECIPES BOARD!
This post was created on 29.7.2020 and updated on 11.11.2021.