Vegan meatloaf is crazy easy to make! You can make an amazing plant-based meatloaf just with a handful of ingredients. In this recipe, I chose chickpeas as the main ingredients. This vegan chickpea meatloaf just can't be better.
This homemade vegan meatloaf is full of flavors. Because of oats, it has such a nice consistency.
What is the secret to moist meatloaf?
Making a moist meatloaf can be sometimes tricky. But here I can show you some tips to make your vegan meatloaf moist and not dry!
Here are some tips:
- Add water. Water can be very helpful, especially when you are adding oats to your meatloaf.
- Add veggies. Some veggies contains more water, so they an make your meatloaf moist.
- Add mushrooms. Mushrooms works wonderfully in meatloaves.
- Before baking add tomato paste on top, so it can absorb moisture.
- Bake the meatloaf for a shorter amout of time. Since this meatloaf is vegan, you do't have to worry about eating something undercooked.
Here were some tips for you to make an amazing meatloaf.
What is usually vegan meatloaf made of?
You can make vegan meatloaf out of different legumes, veggie, or even nuts.
Making vegan meatloaf was never easier.
In this recipe, I combined chickpeas, tofu, oats, and mushrooms. These ingredients created a perfect consistency. Chickpeas created great texture, tofu makes it a lot smoother and oats put it all together and created a slightly chewy texture.
This meatloaf has a smooth consistency, chewy texture, and perfect flavors.
Let's make this healthy vegan chickpea meatloaf!
For this recipe, you will need a few ingredients and a food processor!
Into the food processor add:
- cooked chickpeas
Blend until a smooth paste is formed. Next add ketchup, soy sauce, veggie stock powder, garlic, paprika, black pepper, and cumin. Pulse a few times until combined.
Then you will need to transfer the mixture into a large bowl and add some more oats for texture.
Prepare a loaf pan and add in the meatloaf.
Lastly, spread the tomato sauce on top along with some Italian seasonings. If you don't have Italian seasonings mix, you can add oregano, basil, thyme, and salt.
Bake for about 45 minutes. Enjoy with potatoes and gravy.
This roasted vegan chickpea meatloaf is perfectly moist, chewy, and nicely seasoned. It is perfect ad a dinner or for fancy family gatherings. Serve this vegan meatloaf with mashed potatoes, fresh salad, and gravy.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace veggie stock powder with salt.
- Minced garlic can be substituted with garlic powder.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Perfect for dinner
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR VEGAN MEATLESS RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
Best vegan chickpea meatloaf
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 7 oz firm tofu
- 1/2 cup oats +1/3 cup
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 5 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp veggie stock powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings
- Into the blender add chickpeas, tofu, mushrooms, water, and 1/2 cup of oats. Blend until a smooth paste is formed.
- Next, add ketchup, soy sauce, veggie stock powder, garlic, paprika, black pepper, and cumin. Pulse a few times until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, and add the remaining 1/3 cup of oats.
- Add the meatloaf into the loaf baking pan and top with tomato sauce and Italian seasonings.
- bake at 400F (200°C) for 45 minutes. Serve with potatoes and gravy. Enjoy!