Pumpkin soup is just a classic. It is creamy, smooth and so flavorful. But have you ever tried to roast the pumpkin first? Roasting the pumpkin is a gamechanger! Try this easy vegan roasted pumpkin soup and see for yourself!
This simple vegan creamy soup is perfect for cozy days. It is perfect as a lunch or simple dinner.
Serve this pumpkin soup with toast, croutons, or just by itself.
What part of pumpkin do you use for soup?
Usually everything besides the skin and the seeds!
But in the recipe, I roasted the pumpkin first to make it a lot more fragrant and delicious!
You will need to chop the pumpkin in half and put it into the oven just like that! Yes - even with seeds and the skin!
First of all, when the pumpkin is baked it is so easy to remove the skin and seeds, and secondly, the taste of the soup will be enhanced! I just love when the pumpkin soup tastes a little bit like pumpkin seeds. It gives the soup a nutty taste!
When the pumpkin is baked, just remove the seeds and skin and you are good to go!
So, there are many ways of making pumpkin soup, but in this recipe, I'm showing you the best one!
Let's make this roasted pumpkin soup!
First, roast the pumpkin in the oven.
Cut the pumpkin in half ad put it onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
Bake for about 30 minutes.
When the pumpkin is baked, remove it from the oven and carefully remove the skin and the seeds.
In a large pot fry the garlic with oil and spices until golden and fragrant.
Then add pumpkin, water, and soy cream.
If you don't have soy cream, you can add unflavored soy milk!
Lastly, add lemon juice and remove it from the heat.
Blend the soup with a hand blender or in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
Serve with extra soy cream and roasted pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!
This healthy vegan roasted pumpkin soup is perfection. It is so flavorful, perfectly spiced and so creamy. The combination of nutty pumpkin, soy cream, garlic, and undertones of lemon is just wonderful. The whole soup is super simple and very easy to make!
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace soy cream with soy milk or any other plant milk.
- Garlic can be substituted with garlic powder.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR PUMPKIN RECIPEs, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
Easy vegan roasted pumpkin soup
- 4 lbs pumpkin
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp veggie stock powder * optional
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy cream * or soy milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- First, you will need to roast the pumpkin. Cut the pumpkin in half and put it onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake it for 30 minutes at 400F (200°C).
- When the pumpkin is done, carefully remove the seeds and the skin.
- In a large pot heat the oil and fry the garlic, onion powder, salt, veggie stock powder, and black pepper. Fry for 30 seconds and add baked pumpkin and water.
- When everything is combined add soy cream and lemon juice.
- Remove from the heat and blend using a hand blender or a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with extra soy cream, roasted pumpkin seeds, or croutons. Enjoy!