Vegan patties are so easy to make. You will need only a handful of ingredients to create such delicious veggie patties, that are perfect in burgers, salads, or with mashed potatoes. Check out these gluten-free cauliflower chickpea patties, which are so good.
These patties are mainly made out of shredded cauliflower and chickpeas. These two ingredients gave the parties an amazing taste.
These gluten-free cauliflower chickpea patties are so easy to make and very delicious. You can serve them for a healthy dinner or a simple and quick lunch. These patties go well with fresh salad, mashed potatoes, or burgers.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THESE GLUTEN-FREE CAULIFLOWER CHICKPEA PATTIES?
- Vegan – These patties are perfect for your vegan friends or family members! But these vegan patties are suitable for everyone, not only for vegans/vegetarians.
- Gluten-free – This recipe is naturally gluten-free.
- Easy to make – The full recipe is so simple and very easy to make.
- Flavorful – The combination of cauliflower and chickpeas is so delicious.
- Baked - These patties are baked in the oven, so they are crispy from both sides.
- 100% delicious
What are vegan patties made of?
Vegan patties can be made out of so many different ingredients. You can make them out of tofu, legumes, lentils, soy meat, veggies, etc. There are no limits.
You can also create different combinations, so your patties will be always unique.
In this recipe, I created patties that are made out of chickpeas, cauliflower, and carrot.
- minced garlic
- shredded cauliflower
- shredded carrot
- black pepper
- cooked chickpeas
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal + 8 tbsp water)
- rice flour
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace minced garlic with garlic powder.
- Rice flour can be easily replaceable with buckwheat flour.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1: Fry the garlic in a little oil on a large skillet. Yes, you will need to use a large skillet, because afterward, you will add 2 cups of shredded cauliflower and carrots.
Step 2: Fry the garlic until golden, then add cauliflower, carrots, and seasonings. Cook for about 5-10 minutes.
Step 3: In the large bowl mash the chickpeas using a fork or a potato masher. Add cauliflower mixture, flax eggs, and rice flour.
Step 4: Form patties in your hands and bake them in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
These patties are great in many recipes, you can serve them in burgers, with baked potatoes, over rice salad, or with fresh salad and creamy mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Store these patties in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
You can reheat them on a pan or simple put them in the oven for 5 minutes at 400F (200°C)
However, these veggie patties are the best freshly baked and eaten within a few hours.
Why do my veggie burgers fall apart?
If your veggie burgers are falling apart, that means you need to add some type of a binder, to hold them together.
Here are some tips, you can try:
- You can add flax egg.
- Chia egg might work as well.
- You can add oats soaked in water, they will create such a delicious consistency.
- You can cook flour with water until a thick consistency and add it to the pattie mixture.
These were some tips to make your burgers or patties hold together.
I love to add flax egg because it is a quick, easy and simple alternative. For the fax egg, you will need to combine 1 tbsp of flax meal with 4 tbsp of water and let it sit for 5 minutes. The consistency will be thicker and jelly-like.
With the chia egg, the instructions are quite the same!
Soaked oats are slightly different. Yes, they can hold the pattie together, but they will add a specific consistency. Simply soak the oats in the boiling water for about 5-10 minutes and you can add this mixture to the patties.
Lastly, you can cook the flour and add it to the patties. This hack is very simple and effective!
How do I use dried chickpeas instead of canned?
To use dried chickpeas instead of canned you will need to do a few steps.
The first one is to soak them overnight in the water. The chickpeas will become tender and easier to cook. Don't forget to rinse them the next day.
The next day simply adds rinsed chickpeas into the large pot and cover them with clear water. Cook them for about 45 minutes or until soft.
More vegan patties recipes:
Find the full recipe in the video:
Gluten-free cauliflower chickpea patties - baked
- 4 tbsp neutral oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded cauliflower
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 flax eggs 2 tbsp flax meal + 8 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- Fry the garlic in the oil on a large skillet until golden. Then add shredded cauliflower, carrots, and seasonings. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- In the large bowl add chickpeas, and mash them using a form or potato masher. Then add cauliflower mixture, flax eggs, and rice flour. You can also add more salt or pepper to your likings.
- Shape patties and bake them on the baking pan lined with parchment paper for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and fresh salad. Enjoy!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST YOU CAN FOLLOW ME HERE, AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE ON YOUR GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN DINNER BOARD!
This post was created on 21.8.2020 and updated on 10.2.2022.