Carrot cake is a classic. It is fragrant, moist, and perfectly fluffy. This vegan carrot cake bread is just so good. Serve this gluten-free carrot bread for a dessert, breakfast, or even as a snack.
This healthy carrot cake bread is vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
The full recipe is so easy to make and very simple.
Serve this flourless carrot cake bread with sugar glaze or dust it with powdered sugar.
Why is my gluten-free carrot bread crumbly?
This is a common thing when baking a carrot cake. Let's look at the reason why is this happening!
The bread usually becomes crumbly because it is way too moist. So the problem might with carrots or any other liquids.
To avoid crumble bread, try these tips:
- Add enough flour. You need to add a good amount of flour to the carrot bread.
- Less carrot is more. If you are adding carrots, make sure you are not adding too much of them. If your carrots seem watery, just squeeze out the water.
- Make sure you are using a mix of gluten-free flours, not only one type of flour. I love to combine gluten-free oat flour, buckwheat flour, and rice flour.
These were tips to make your carrot bread better. All of these tips are equally important to make your bread less crumbly.
Does gluten-free carrot cake need to be refrigerated?
Most gluten-free cakes don't need to be refrigerated, if unfrosted. However, if you want to keep your bread fresh for longer, I suggest you refrigerate the cake. It will last longer and taste better.
Also, if the gluten-free cake has frosting, it NEEDS to be refrigerated, otherwise, it might get bad and the frosting might melt.
Let's make this healthy vegan carrot cake bread!
To make this bread you will need 2 bowls.
In the first bowl combine dry ingredients:
- gluten-free oat flour
- buckwheat flour
- rice flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- brown sugar
Combine these ingredients and set them aside.
In the other bowl combine soy milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. This will create vegan buttermilk.
Add the mixture into the dry, along with apple sauce, vegan butter, and shredded carrot.
Create a smooth batter and combine.
Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes.
This easy vegan carrot bread recipe is super simple to make. The combination of carrots, cinnamon, and butter creates such a delicious taste. This gluten-free carrot bread is perfect for breakfast or a healthy dessert.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace vegan butter can be vegan margarine.
- Soy milk can be substituted with oat or almond milk.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE CARROT RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
Vegan carrot cake bread – gluten-free and vegan recipe
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup soy milk
- Juice of half of lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp applesauce
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- In a large bowl combine oat flour, buckwheat flour, rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and sugar.
- In the other bowl combine soy milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry and combine. Next, add melted vegan butter, apple sauce, and shredded carrots.
- Combine and create a smooth and creamy batter. Pour the batter into a loaf cake pan and bake at 400F (200°C) for about 50 minutes.
- Serve completely cold, so it is easier to cut into slices. Enjoy!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST YOU CAN FOLLOW ME HERE, AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE ON YOUR VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE DESSERTS BOARD!
This post was created on 29.9.2020 and updated on 17.1.2022.