Gluten-free chocolate chip muffins
Chocolate desserts are heavenly delicious. You just can't go wrong with chocolate-flavored recipes. If you are a chocolate lover, you need to make these gluten-free chocolate chip muffins.
When making chocolate muffins, why not add even more chocolate? The best part is when the muffins are warm and the chocolate inside is melted.
These fluffy gluten-free muffins are fluffy, soft and so chocolatey. The chocolate batter is airy and the melted chocolate chunks inside make these muffins a lot better!
The full recipe for these gluten and dairy-free chocolate chip muffins is naturally gluten-free, vegan, egg-free, and dairy-free. These are truly the best-ever gluten-free muffins.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THESE GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- Vegan – These chocolate chip muffins are perfect for your vegan friends or family! But this gluten-free chocolate chip muffin recipe is suitable for everyone, not only for vegans/vegetarians.
- Gluten-free – These flourless chocolate chip muffins are naturally gluten-free.
- Dairy-free - This recipe is also dairy-free.
- Easy to make – The full recipe for chocolate muffins is so easy and simple.
- Chocolate chips - These muffins are filled with extra chocolate chips that make them even better.
- Cacao powder - Chocolate chips are something not enough. Add cacao powder to the batter for double chocolate muffins!
- Soy milk - Soy milk is a must in this recipe. When whisked with oil it creates foamy and light consistency.
- Oil - Moist gluten-free muffins are only made with oil, not butter or margarine. Oil will make them moist and not dry!
- Water + Brown sugar - Cooking the sugar with water will make these muffins so moist! You can use any sugar you want, but brown sugar has its specific taste and aroma.
- Vanilla - Vanilla is a must in any dessert.
- Almond flour - Almond flour is the key flour in this recipe. It makes any recipe special and fluffy. Feel free to use almond meal if you can't find almond flour.
- Buckwheat flour - Buckwheat flour is one of the best flour you can use in gluten-free baking.
- Rice flour - Rice flour has a neutral taste and it is dry. However, it works perfectly in this recipe.
- Baking powder - Baking powder will make these gluten-free chocolate muffins airy and fluffy.
- Baking soda - Just a little bit of baking soda is just enough in this recipe.
- Cacao powder - These are double chocolate muffins so the batter needs cacao powder.
- Chocolate chips - The very last ingredient of this recipe. Chocolate chips make this recipe way better. Eat them warm so the chocolate is melted inside—pure heaven.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace sparkling water with more soy milk.
- Chocolate chips can be replaced with chocolate chunks.
- If you want an oil-free version, you can replace oil with plant yogurt.
Wanna know how to make these gluten-free chocolate chip muffins? Find more in these steps!
Step 1: In a large bowl add soy milk and oil. Use a whisker and whisk until foamy. It should mimic the egg whites.
Step 2: Next, cook water with sugar. Turn off the heat as soon as the sugar is dissolved. Pour it into the soy milk and oil mixture and combine. Lastly, add vanilla and now we can add dry ingredients.
Step 3: Now it's time to add dry ingredients, which are almond flour, buckwheat flour, rice flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cacao powder. Carefully combine and create a smooth batter. The batter should be light and creamy.
Step 4: In this step, we add chocolate chips and carefully fold them into the batter.
Step 5: Scoop the batter into the muffin pan and bake for about 35 minutes. If you don't have a silicone muffin pan I suggest greasing the pan with butter and flour so they will easily come out of the pan. Or you can use muffin liners. Enjoy!
These gluten-free and vegan double chocolate muffins are so fluffy, sot and so chocolatey. This healthy vegan dessert is perfect for any chocolate lovers out there. Serve these easy gluten-free chocolate muffins with a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy them warm.
Serve these gluten-free double chocolate chip muffins with powdered sugar on top or extra melted dark chocolate. Enjoy!
Store these bakery-style gluten-free chocolate chip muffins in a fridge for up to 4 days. But they are best eaten straight from the oven because of the melted chocolate inside.
TIPS FOR THE BEST GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- Don't replace the soy milk. Soy milk is very important in this recipe. This type of milk can create an amazing texture.
- Whisk the milk with oil. This will create a consistency similar to lightly whisked egg whites.
- Do not replace these flours with a gluten-free flour blend. This recipe only works with these types of flours.
How do you make gluten-free muffins less dense?
Firstly, you should follow these instructions. This is a recipe for fluffy gluten-free chocolate chip muffins.
Secondly, the ingredients that make these muffins fluffy are baking powder & baking soda, soy milk & oil, and almond flour. These are the ingredients that make these muffins fluffy and extra soft.
Can I freeze my gluten-free muffins for longer storage?
Yes, you can! But don't keep them in the fridge for more than 3 months.
Can I use these muffins as the base of a cupcake?
Yes, you can! Feel free to use this recipe as a cupcake base.
More muffins recipes:
GLUTEN-FREE BLACKBERRY MUFFINS WITH CHOCOLATE
SIMPLE BLUEBERRY AND LEMON OAT MUFFINS - GLUTEN-FREE VEGAN RECIPE
GLUTEN-FREE VEGAN CRANBERRY CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
Gluten-free chocolate chip muffins
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- First, in a large bowl combine soy milk, oil, and whisk until foamy. Next, cook water with sugar. Turn off the heat as soon as the sugar is dissolved. Pour it into the soy milk and oil mixture along with vanilla and combine.
- Next, add almond flour, buckwheat flour, rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cacao powder.
- Lastly, add chocolate chips and carefully combine.
- Add the batter to the muffins baking pan and bake them at 350F (°C) for about 35 minutes. Enjoy warm.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST YOU CAN FOLLOW ME HERE, AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE ON YOUR GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN MUFFINS BOARD!
This recipe was created on 1.11.2021 and updated on 6.3.2023.
These chocolate muffins are so delicious! They are the perfect breakfast or snack! I love how much chocolate flavor they have!
Thank you so much!
Omg these look absolutely delicious. Will try them soon
Thank you, hope you like them!
These gluten-free and vegan double chocolate muffins are so delicious and chocolatey!
Those gluten-free and vegan double chocolate muffins tasted amazing. I will for sure make them again. Thank you for this easy recipe
Thank you! Glad you like them!
Healthy and chocolatey! Definitely my kind of muffins. Looking forward to making these for my family!
I'm usually bad at making gluten-free baked goods but this recipe came out super delicious! The melty chocolate chunks were just so heavenly!
Chocolate chunks are the best part of these muffins!