Creamy, hearty but so comforting. Yes, I'm talking about this phenomenal recipe. I love making these loaded sweet potatoes so much. They are very easy to make and super delicious. So if you are ready to make these easy veggie-loaded sweet potatoes with chickpeas, prepare your ingredients, and let's cook!
This recipe is perfect for cozy dinners. The full recipe is so easy to make you don't need to be a skilled chef. However, the taste is absolutelly amazing. Sweet potatoes are perfectly baked with a soft inside and the veggie-chickpea mixture is so good. The very last step is to serve this amazing dish with mashed avocado and arugula. Those flavors together created an unbelievable good combination.
Sweet potatoes are the best!
I'm serious about that! Sweet potatoes are truly amazing. I believe they are a super food. Sweet potatoes are packed with nutrients and such amazing flavors. However, there are plenty of varieties of sweet potatoes. Here are some of my favorites:
- Yams - traditional orange sweet potatoes. These potatoes taste like carrot and potatoes, but a little bit sweeter. You can eat them with sweet or savory toppings.
- Japanese sweet potatoes - if you are looking for sweet potatoes perfect with sweet meals, these ones are perfect! These are my favorite potatoes. The taste is just beautiful. The skin of those potatoes is bright pink and int inside is white.
How can you make this amazing dish with sweet potatoes?
First, you will need to bake sweet potatoes until soft. The average time for baking whole sweet potatoes is 50 minutes or 1 hour, depends on how big or small they are. So keep an eye on them.
While sweet potatoes are cooking in the oven, let's cook our veggie and chickpea mixture. Put veggies into your pan along with a splash of water and cook for a few minutes.
When the veggies are half cooked, add in seasoning and cooked chickpeas. Cook until everything is soft.
We are almost done! When sweet potatoes are out of the oven, cut them in the middle and fill them with veggie-chickpea mixture. Then add mashed avocado on top along with fresh arugula and sprinkle of sesame seeds.
As you can see this meal is so easy to make yet very delicious. You can actually cook more and store it in a fridge for up to 2 days.
This recipe is perfect for lazy dinners when you are not in the mood of cooking. The only hard time is waiting for the sweet potatoes are fully baked. But It is not that terrible, to be honest!
Veggies can be cooked in a few minutes so you can have a really delicious, healthy, and super easy done in an hour! If you bake your sweet potatoes in advance, this meal will take you only a few minutes 🙂
These veggie-loaded sweet potatoes with chickpeas are:
- Easy to make
- Perfect for lunch or dinner
- 100% delicious
If you are looking for easy lunch/dinner recipes, check out these:
Simple veggie coconut curry recipe – gluten-free vegan
Simple red lentil curry with vegetables
Veggie quinoa bowl with chickpeas
Lentil dhal with white rice and sauteed veggies
Millet mushroom & chickpea bowl
You can find a full recipe in the video!
Do you like this video? Check out my previous recipe: The best gluten-free chocolate chip cookies – vegan
Easy veggie-loaded sweet potatoes with chickpeas
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 large carrot
- 250 g cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 mashed avocado
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Firstly, bake sweet potatoes in the oven for 50 minutes at 170°C (340F).
- Meanwhile, add veggies into a pan along with a splash of water. When veggies are half cooked, add chickpeas and seasoning and cook until soft.
- When sweet potatoes are ready and cooked, cut them in half and serve with chickpea-veggie mixture, mashed avocado, arugula, and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top. Enjoy!