Muffins are so easy to make. You can prepare them with different fruits, nuts or spices. Try these simple blueberry and lemon oat muffins, which are gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
Blueberry and lemon is the best combination. Blueberries are so juicy and lemon perfectly refreshing and with a combination of fluffy and light cake muffin batter is delicious.
Muffins are made out of different types of gluten-free flour. Because of that, a light consistency was created.
How can I make my gluten-free muffins lighter and fluffy?
There are many tips to make your muffins lighter:
- Baking powder and baking soda. When baking with gluten-free flour, always use a combination o baking powder and baking soda. It will make such a difference!
- Use a combination of different flours. Gluten-free flours can be quite dense, so it is important to combine different types of flour.
- Add vegan butter. Butter makes everything lighter and better.
- Adding lemon juice can make your muffins fluffy and airy.
These are some tips to make your muffins lighter and fluffier. You don't need to use all of these tips, but they will make your muffins a lot better.
What gluten-free flour is best for muffins?
Muffins are supposed to be soft, fluffy, and light. For that specific consistency, you need to use a combination of different gluten-free flours.
In this recipe, I used a combination of buckwheat, rice, and gluten-free oat flour. This combination works amazingly in muffins. However, flours are not the only aspect of making good and soft muffins.
If you are a person who doesn't like buying flours individually, you might consider using a gluten-free flour mix. I suggest Bob's Red Mill gluten-free flour mix or King Arthur gluten-free flour mix.
Let's make these healthy & simple blueberry and lemon oat muffins!
To make these muffins you will need these ingredients.
In a large bowl combine these ingredients:
- oat flour
- buckwheat flour
- rice flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- cane sugar
Combine and set aside.
In the other bowl combine these ingredients:
- soy milk
- Juice of half of lemon
- vanilla extract
- apple sauce
Simply combine soy milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Add the mixture into the dry ingredients. Then add melted vegan butter and create a fluffy batter.
The very last step is to add blueberries and carefully combine.
Spoon the batter into a muffin pan lined with parchment paper or silicone muffin cups.
Bake them for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve dusted with powdered sugar.
These simple blueberry and lemon oat muffins are just the best. Muffins are so fluffy, light, and airy. The blueberries are so juicy and lemon juice very refreshing. These blueberry lemon muffins are perfect for a healthy dessert or simple breakfast.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace cane sugar with any powdered sweetener.
- Vegan butter can be substituted with vegan margarine.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- So fluffy
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN MUFFIN RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
You can find healthier, and oil-free recipe in the video!
Simple blueberry and lemon oat muffins - gluten-free vegan recipe
- 3/4 cup gf oat flour
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup soy milk
- Juice of half of lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp apple sauce
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- In a large bowl combine oat flour, buckwheat flour, rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
- In the other bowl combine soy milk, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and apple sauce.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry and combine. Next, add melted vegan butter. The batter should be creamy, smooth, and fluffy.
- The very last step is to add blueberries. Carefully combine, and spoon the batter into a muffin pan lined with parchment paper or silicone muffin cups.
- Bake them at 400F (200°C) for about 25 minutes. Serve dusted with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST YOU CAN FOLLOW ME HERE, AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE ON YOUR GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN MUFFINS BOARD!
This post was created on 17.9.2020 and updated on 10.1.2022.