Sometimes it is nice to bake something fresh, light, and fruity, just like this gluten-free strawberry jelly cake. This cake is perfect for any sunny afternoon. It is super light, moist and so refreshing. Such a perfect spring/summer cake.
The whole process of making this cake is super simple and easy.
The full recipe is gluten-free and vegan.
Strawberry cakes are the best!
There are different types of cakes you can make. Especially when there is a fruit season. Don't get me wrong, this cake would be amazing with different fruit, but strawberries are just perfection.
Strawberry cakes are classic. You just can not go wrong with strawberries. They are so beautiful in color, juicy and so flavorful.
This cake has an amazing fluffy base, light coconut cream, and lastly layer of strawberries and jelly. So smooth, so light and so delicious.
Let's make this amazing Gluten-free strawberry jelly cake
The full recipe for this delicious strawberry jely cake is so simple.
This recipe can be divided into 3 main parts. The first one is baking vanilla cake base, the next is to create a coconut frosting and the last part is a layer of strawberries with jelly.
Let's start with the first part.
For the vanilla cake you will need:
- rice flour
- gluten-free oat flour
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- flax "egg" / 1 tbsp flax meal + 8 tbs water
These are our ingredients for vanilla cake batter.
First, you will need to combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Next feel free to add in water, banana, flax "egg", and vanilla. You can also use plant milk, but it is not necessary. The cake will be delicious just with "water".
Create a smooth batter and bake it in a round pan for about 30 minutes.
Next we can move on to the next part of this recipe.
For the coconut frosting you will need:
- coconut milk / only the solid part - chilled in the fridge overnight
- powdered sugar
Put all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy. If your coconut milk is a little bit runny, put the frosting into the fridge for about 30 minutes.
The last part of this recipe is strawberry jelly part.
Into a sauce pan add:
Bring it to a boil and cook for about 1 minute.
Now, when the cake is out of the oven and we prepared everything else, let's put together our cake.
When the cake is out of the oven and cooled down, we can add a layer of coconut frosting and chopped strawberries on top. Lastly, pour the gelatine on top, but make sure it is not warm, otherwise, it might melt the frosting!
The final step is to put this incredible strawberry cake into a fridge for at least 2 hours before serving, but I highly suggest you give this cake a time and put it into a fridge overnight.
This refreshing strawberry jelly cake is so delicious. It is creamy, fluffy and so refreshing. If you crave a cake that is not "heavy" but still so delicious and creamy, this is the one. It is best enjoyed cooled down.
This Gluten-free strawberry jelly cake is:
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
If you are searching for strawberry recipes, here are some of my favorites:
You can find a full recipe in the video!
Gluten-free strawberry jelly cake
- 100 g rice flour
- 50 g gluten-free oat flour
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 150 g water
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 flax "egg" / 1 tbsp flax meal + 8 tbs water
- 1 tsp vanilla
Coconut cream frosting
- 1 can coconut milk / only the solid part
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 10 g agar
- 500 ml water
- First, let's make our base, which is vanilla cake batter. In a large bowl combine dry ingredients, which are flours, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and a pinch of salt. Next, add in water, banana, flax "egg", and vanilla. Create a smooth batter and pour into a round baking pan. Bake at 175°C (350F) for 30 minutes.
- Next, beat the coconut cream with sugar and vanilla. The frosting should be thicker. If its watery put it into a fridge for about 30 minutes.
- The last step is to boil the agar powder with water for 1 minute and then remove it from the heat.
- When everything is ready, we can put together our strawberry cake. On the vanilla cake add coconut frosting, then sliced strawberries, and lastly our jelly.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving but preferably overnight. Enjoy!