You just can't miss this savory gluten-free zucchini bread. This bread is super soft, fluffy, and perfect with hummus or butter.
This one-bowl zucchini bread is very simple and easy to make.
It requires only a handful of whole plant ingredients to make this delicious and fluffy zucchini soda bread!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS SAVORY GLUTEN-FREE ZUCCHINI BREAD
- Vegan – This bread is perfect for your vegan friends or family members! But this vegan zucchini bread is suitable for everyone, not only for vegans/vegetarians.
- Gluten-free – This bread is naturally gluten-free.
- Easy to make – The full recipe is so easy and very simple to make!
- So fluffy – The consistency of this bread is extra soft. If you like soft bread, this recipe is made for you.
- Zucchini – This recipe is perfect if you have lots of zucchinis at home!
- No yeast - This is not like a traditional bread recipe. This bread is almost like a cake - super fluffy and soft.
- 100% delicious
- rice flour
- sorghum flour
- tapioca flour
- buckwheat flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- oat milk
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace oat milk with any plant-based milk.
- Buckwheat flour can be replaced with gluten-free oat flour.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1: In a large bowl combine dry ingredients - rice flour, sorghum flour, tapioca flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Step 2: Combine and add shredded zucchini, oat milk, and oil. Create a smooth and creamy batter.
Step 3: Pour the batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 400F for about 40 minutes.
Serve this savory gluten-free zucchini bread with hummus, vegan butter, or your favorite veggie spread. You can also toast it on a pan or in a toaster. Enjoy!
Store this bread in the fridge for up to 4 days.
You can freeze the bread for up to 1 month! However, I recommend eating it fresh within the first 2-3 days.
Do you squeeze out the liquid from zucchini for bread?
Yes! This step is essential when making this gluten-free zucchini bread. The zucchini is very moist, so it is crucial to squeeze out the liquids.
But in some cases, if the zucchini is dry and there is no liquid, it's fine!
Do you take seeds out of zucchini for bread?
If you are using a large zucchini, you should remove the seeds!
Do you peel zucchini before grating?
It depends. I recommend peeling the zucchini if you bought it in the regular store. But if your zucchini is organic, you can leave the skin on!
Should I let the bread cool before taking it out of the pan?
Yes! Don't touch the bread and let it cool down in the loaf pan. The bread is very soft so it might crumble. I highly recommend letting it cool in the pan.
Also, the bread slices better when is cooled down! I recommend putting it into a fridge for about 30-60 minutes before slicing. It makes a huge difference!
More zucchini recipes:
Savory gluten-free zucchini bread
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup oat milk + 2 tbsp
- 1/3 cup neutral oil
- In a large bowl combine rice flour, sorghum, tapioca, and buckwheat flour. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Next, add shredded zucchini, oat milk, and oil.
- Combine and create a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400F (200°C) for about 40 minutes.
- Let the bread cool down in the pan and slice it completely cold! Enjoy!