Pear muffins are so delicious. They are full of flavor, juicy, and very refreshing. These gluten-free pear crumble muffins are perfect for a fall day served with a cup of tea or coffee.
These easy pear muffins are light, airy, and juicy. The combination of sweet pears, light cake batter, and crunchy streusel on top created unique flavors and textures.
Oh, and cinnamon plays a huge part as well. I can't imagine a fall recipe without cinnamon. Pears are just like apples, so cinnamon is a must! Pear and cinnamon muffins are made for cloudy fall weather.
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free but still so delicious. Healthy recipes can be yummy, too!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THESE GLUTEN-FREE PEAR CRUMBLE MUFFINS
- Vegan – These muffins are perfect for your vegan friends or family members! But these pear muffins are suitable for everyone, not only for vegans/vegetarians.
- Gluten-free – These muffins are naturally gluten-free.
- Dairy-free - This recipe is also dairy-free.
- Easy to make – The full recipe is so easy and simple.
- Pears - They are so juicy and perfectly sweet.
- Cinnamon - Cinnamon is a spice of fall and it also makes any dessert more cozy and delicious.
- Crumble - Crumble makes any dessert special.
- melted vegan butter
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- soy milk - room temperature
- sorghum flour
- corn flour
- gf oat flour
- xanthan gum
- baking powder
- baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- chopped pears
- vegan butter
- gf oat flour
- brown sugar
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace soy milk with any plant-based milk.
- Brown sugar can be replaced with any powdered sweetener of your choice or regular granulated sugar.
- You can also use gluten-free flour instead of these individual flours.
Step 1: Prepare all of your ingredients for your muffin recipe and start by combining wet ingredients. In a large bowl add melted vegan butter (or margarine), brown sugar, vanilla, and soy milk, and whisk together. Into the wet ingredients add dry ingredients, which are flours, baking powder, baking soda, a pinch of salt, and xanthan gum. The batter should be light and fluffy.
Step 2: The last step is to add chopped pear and combine. I recommend using fresh pears instead of canned pears. Once the batter is mixed, add to a prepped muffin tin lined with liners.
Step 3: Now, it's time for a crumb topping. Combine all of the ingredients for the crumble in a small bowl. Sprinkle the crumble on top of each pear muffin and bake for about 35 minutes.
Serve these dairy-free gluten-free pear muffins with a sugar glaze or sprinkle with powdered sugar on top.
Store these gluten-free muffins in a fridge for up to 3 days. I don't recommend freezing them because the consistency might change.
Tips for How to make perfect Pear Muffins
- If it's possible use the listed gluten-free flours. Yes, you can substitute with gluten-free flour mix or with totally different flours, but the result will not be the same. Always try to use listed gluten-free flours for the best result.
- Make sure you are adding xanthan gum. You can make muffins without xanthan gum, but this secret ingredient makes it a lot better!
- Always use fresh pears, not canned or cooked. Just fresh and without skin.
- Don't forget about the cinnamon crumble on top. It makes these muffins so good.
- Make sure all of these ingredients have room temperature.
Can I freeze these pear muffins?
I don't recommend freezing these muffins because they contain pears, so the consistency might change. Pears are full of water and the muffins will end up soggy. They are best eaten within the first few days.
What kind of pears work best for baking?
In this recipe, you can use any pears. But make sure you are using pears without skin.
Can I use apples instead of pears?
Yes! You can create similar results! But make sure you are chopping apples very fine.
More muffins recipes:
Gluten-free pear crumble muffins
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter *or margarine
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/3 cup sorghum flour
- 1/3 cup corn flour
- 3/4 cup gf oat flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pear
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 5 tbsp gf oat flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pour the melted butter into a large bowl. Add brown sugar, soy milk, vanilla and combine.
- Next, add sorghum flour, corn flour, oat flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt.
- Create a smooth batter and add chopped pears.
- Line the muffin pan with paper muffin liners and pour in the batter.
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the crumble and sprinkle the crumble on top of each muffin.
- Bake them at 400F (200°C) for about 35 minutes or until golden. Enjoy!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST YOU CAN FOLLOW ME HERE, AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE ON THE GLUTEN-FREE MUFFINS BOARD!
This post was created on 5.10.2020 and updated on 31.10.2022.