Vegan gluten-free mozzarella pizza
Pizza is comfort food. You can easily bake it at home, or buy it at a store or restaurant. But what about gluten-free pizza? It's kind of harder to find a good gluten-free pizza at the store. That's why I created this amazing vegan gluten-free mozzarella pizza.
The base of a pizza is quite simple. It is made out of gluten-free flour and yeast. The next part is tomato sauce, cheese, and toppings.
If you are asking where can you find a good mozzarella cheese? Well, I have my favorite brands, such as Violife. They have a huge variety of vegan cheeses. I love to buy them from time to time, but in this recipe, I created vegan mozzarella from scratch.
I found the recipe on Instagram. Check out @cookingwithbello for the ingredients and measurements.
But If you want to know how I made the vegan mozzarella cheese, click here for the video!
Gluten-free pizza, no problem?!
There are multiple ways of how you can make a good gluten-free pizza crust. Someone might prefer yeast dough, the other dough made out of cauliflower or oats. It is up to you, but I tried different varieties, but the yeast one is by far my favorite.
This gluten-free dough is so simple and easy to make. It is so fluffy, soft, and crunchy from the outside. Of course, you cannot compare traditional dough with gluten-free one, but it is so good!
Let's make this incredible vegan gluten-free mozzarella pizza!
Let's start with gluten-free dough.
For this part you will need:
- rice flour
- gluten-free oat flour
- potato starch
- baking powder
- instant yeast
- warm water
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and create a dough. It will be a little bit sticky, but it is completely ok. Sprinkle some flour on top and let it rise for about 1 hour until it doubles in size.
Meanwhile, you can prepare all of your toppings and the sauce.
For the sauce you will need:
- tomato sauce or tomato puree
- garlic powder
Combine all of those ingredients in a small bowl and create a smooth sauce. If you are using a tomato puree, add 1/2 cup of water to make it thinner. The same applies if the tomato sauce is too thick.
When the sauce is ready, you can prepare all of your veggies and chop them into small pieces.
I topped my pizza with corn, olives, and zucchini. But you can also use mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, etc.
When the dough has doubled in size, you can prepare a baking pan and create the shape of your pizza.
Then pour tomato sauce onto pizza, add vegan mozzarella and veggies.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes until crispy and golden.
This amazing vegan gluten-free mozzarella pizza so so delicious. It s very easy to make and it is perfect for everyone who loves pizza! The crust is fluffy from the inside and crunchy from the outside. Vegan mozzarella is so smooth and perfectly flavored. The combination of crust, tomato sauce veggies, and mozzarella is irresistible. Enjoy warm.
This amazing mozzarella pizza is:
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
Check out more comfort recipes here:
EXTRA CRISPY BAKED POTATOES WITH VEGAN MAYONNAISE
VEGAN CREAMY MUSHROOM PASTA SAUCE
VEGAN BEET & CHICKPEA BURGER PATTIES
SIMPLE GLUTEN-FREE SOFT TACOS RECIPE
Vegan gluten-free mozzarella pizza
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water +2 tbsp
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Vegan mozzarella
- Fresh arugula
- First, let's make the dough by combining all of the ingredients in a large bowl. You don't knead the dough that long as you would with regular flour. Just make sure everything is combined.
- Next, sprinkle some flour onto the dough and let it rise for about 1 hour, or until it doubles in size.
- Meanwhile, combine tomato sauce, garlic powder, oregano, and salt in a small bowl, to create a pizza sauce. If your sauce is too thick, just add water to thin it out.
- When the dough has doubled in size, prepare a baking pan and create a round pizza shape, using your hands. If the dough is too sticky, just dust some flour on your hands and the dough as well.
- Lastly top your pizza with tomato sauce, vegan mozzarella, veggies, and bake for 200 °C (400F) for about 15-20 minutes, or until crispy and golden. Enjoy warm.