Salted caramel, peanut butter, and chocolate were made for each other. This combination works every time in many recipes including these vegan salted caramel bars with peanut butter.
This simple no-bake dessert is perfect as a snack or healthy dessert.
The full recipe is very simple to make and requires only 6 ingredients.
If you added some extra whole peanuts, you can have homemade Twix bars!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS EASY VEGGIE COCONUT CURRY RECIPE
- Vegan - These salted caramel bars are naturally vegan which is perfect for your vegan friends, or family members! But these bars is suitable for everyone, not only for vegans/vegetarians.
- Gluten-free - These no-bake bars are not only vegan but gluten-free.
- Perfect for dessert - If you are searching for a healthy dessert, this is a great choice!
- Taste similar to Twix or Mars bars - Do you like these bars? These vegan no-bake bars are very similar. They are gooey, chewy and the chocolate on top is perfectly crunchy.
- So easy - This full recipe is crazy simple and very easy. The hardest part is waiting for them to firm up in the fridge.
- 100% delicious
What are peanut butter bars made of?
These peanut butter bars are made out of dates, water, oat flour, salt, peanut butter, and chocolate.
These ingredients created the best consistency and flavors. But you can add some nuts, seeds or even replace the oat flour with salmon flour! There are no limits.
Is peanut butter gluten-free?
Yes, peanut butter is gluten-free.
You can eat peanut butter if you are allergic to gluten, but some people might have a peanut allergy, so keep that in mind!
To make these gluten-free salted caramel bars, you will need to prepare these ingredients:
- dates - dates are perfect in no-bake recipes. They taste just like caramel, and they are naturally sweet. No need for sugar if you are using dates.
- water - we need to use water to create even better consistency. You can also replace it with milk, but it is not necessary.
- oat flour - oat flour works wonderfully in this recipe. You can eat oat flour raw so it is perfect in no-bake recipes. It has a neutral, slightly sweet taste, which is perfect in this recipe.
- salt - these are salted caramel bars. By adding salt you are enhancing the flavors and these bars are perfect with a dash of salt.
- peanut butter - this is our main ingredient. Peanut butter, caramel, and chocolate were made for each other.
- dark chocolate - to finish up this dessert you have to melt the dark chocolate and pour it over the bars. Dark chocolate is the best but you can replace it with any chocolate of your choice.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace oat flour powder with almond flour.
- Dark chocolate can be easily replaceable with any chocolate of your choice.
- You can also add your favorite protein powder to add some extra protein.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Start by creating date caramel.
Soak the dates in boiling water for about 5 minutes or until soft.
Drain the water and add dates into a blender with 1/2 cup fresh cold water.
Blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl and add oat flour, salt, and peanut butter.
Combine and create a thick but sticky dough.
Prepare a square or loaf pan and add the peanut butter date mixture. Use a spatula or your fingers to spread out the dough into 0.7 inches thick (2cm).
Lastly, melt the dark chocolate and pour it on top of the date and peanut mixture. If your melted chocolate is too thick, just add 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
Put these gluten-free oatmeal peanut butter bars into a fridge for about 2-4 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Tip: Warm your knife in boiling water so the chocolate can be easily cut.
These gluten-free and vegan salted caramel bars are so good! They are very easy to make and require only a handful of ingredients. If you love the combination of caramel, peanut butter, and chocolate. These simple salted caramel energy bars were made for you.
Before serving you should put these bars in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Because they will be firmer and the chocolate will be perfectly crunchy.
To slice the bars you should warm the knife in the boiling water so the chocolate is easier to cut. Otherwise, it might break into small pieces.
Cut the bars into thin slices and add some extra salt on top. Enjoy!
Tip: Slice these bars ahead and store them in a fridge. It will save up some time, so you have dessert ready in the fridge to eat.
Store these salted caramel peanut butter bars in the fridge for up to 7 days.
I don't recommend freezing them because the consistency might change. They are all good in the fridge.
Do dates taste like caramel?
Yes, dates taste like caramel. They have caramel color, taste, and chewy texture which is similar to caramel.
That's why they are so popular in many recipes. Dates are naturally sweet, so they can be used as caramel for sugar replacement in many recipes.
Can dates be used instead of sugar?
Yes, dates can be used instead of sugar. Dates are naturally sweet so they are an amazing replacement for sugar.
But keep in mind if you are replacing dates in a specific recipe, dates might change the consistency and the color of the cake.
Are dates better than sugar?
Dates are completely natural, so that's why they are better than regular sugar.
They are naturally sweet with undertones of caramel. They are perfect on their own or in many healthy recipes!
Is oat flour just blended oats?
Yes, oat flour is simply just blended oats into a flour-like consistency.
You can make oat flour at home easily. Just put your oats into a high-speed blender or an electric coffee blender and blend for a few seconds or until very fine.
Can you eat oat flour raw?
Yes, oat flour can be eaten raw, just like oats.
Oat flour is just blended oats, so you can eat it raw. Add it into energy balls, smoothies, shakes, or any no-bake recipes.
What can I use peanut butter for?
Peanut butter can be used in many recipes including sweet or savory. You can use them in desserts, cakes, pastries, ice creams, etc.
In savory recipes, peanut butter works well in curries or sauces for noodles!
But if you love sweets, these vegan salted caramel slices are a must!
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE NO-BAKE RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
Vegan salted caramel bars with peanut butter - gluten-free, no-bake
- 1 cup dried dates +2 cups of boiling water for soaking the dates
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup gf oat flour
- A pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate
- Soak the dates in boiling water for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Drain the water from the dates and add them into a blender along with some fresh cold water. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pout the date caramel into a large bowl and add oat flour, salt, and peanut butter.
- Combine and create a thick but sticky dough.
- Transfer the dough into a square pan or loaf pan and spread it out with a spatula. The dough should be 0.7 inches thick (2cm).
- Melt the dark chocolate and pour it over the dough. Let the bars chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!