Sometimes, you just need a creamy no-bake cheesecake. It is quick, simple and so delicious. Try this vegan no-bake cranberry coconut cheesecake recipe, that is gluten-free and so good!
The combination of tart cranberries with creamy coconut cheesecake filling is out of this world. You can taste tropical coconut but sour cranberries with a vanilla cookie layer. This dessert is mouth-watering.
The full recipe is vegan, gluten-free and you can also replace traditional sugar with any powdered sweetener of your choice.
What is the difference between cheesecake and no-bake cheesecake?
A traditional cheesecake is baked with the filling. So the cake is baked whole. But when it comes to no-bake cheesecake, you are not cooking the cheesecake!
The no-bake cheesecake sets in the fridge. But this recipe usually requires agar powder or something similar to firm up the cheesecake.
This type of cheesecake is easier, and sometimes quicker to make!
What is vegan & gluten-free cheesecake made of?
The base of a cheesecake is usually made of gluten-free cookies with vegan butter. The next part is the cheesecake filling. The filling can be made with different types of ingredients.
You can use tofu, cashews, coconut cream, or vegan cheesecake filling from a store and then bake it. But in this recipe, I made a no-bake version of a cheesecake, which is easier and I believe quicker!
This cheesecake filling is made out of silken tofu, coconut milk, and a few other ingredients, that made it smooth and creamy.
Can I put my cheesecake in the freezer to set?
I don't recommend putting the no-bake cheesecake in the freezer to set. However, you should put the cheesecake into the fridge for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
The cheesecake will firm up wonderfully in the fridge, there is no need for putting the cheesecake into the freezer.
Let's make this creamy no-bake cranberry coconut cheesecake!
This recipe can be divided into 3 parts.
The first part of the recipe is making a crust. You can skip this step if you have the cookies you want to use at home! You can use whatever cookies you like. I also suggest graham crackers for this recipe.
The next part is to make a cheesecake filling.
And the last part is to create a cranberry compote.
Let's start with the first part, which is creating the crust.
In a large bowl combine these ingredients:
- gluten-free oat flour
- rice flour
- potato starch
- brown sugar
- melted vegan margarine
Create a smooth dough, and roll medium-sized balls with your hands. Put them onto parchment paper and flatten them to create a cookie shape. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden.
When the cookies are baked, transfer them into a food processor and process until smooth. Then add melted vegan butter and combine.
The consistency should be sticky and easy to work with.
Use your fingers to push the cookie mixture into the sides. This cookie base should be at least 0.3 inches thick.
The next step is to create a cheesecake filling.
In the large bowl whisk silken tofu and coconut milk, but make sure you are using high-fat coconut milk because you will use only the solid part of the milk.
Add sugar, vanilla, and whisk until fluffy.
Next, in a small saucepan add water and agar. Stir continuously and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 1 minute and remove from the heat. Slowly pour the agar into the tofu coconut mixture. Whisk until everything is combined.
Pour the coconut cheesecake mixture onto the gluten-free cookie crust and put it into the fridge for at least 2-3 hours or until firm.
When the cheesecake is firm enough to cut a nice slice, it is time to prepare the cranberry compote.
In a small saucepan cook the cranberries with sugar, vanilla, and water until thick.
Serve the cheesecake with the cranberry compote and enjoy!
This vegan no-bake cranberry coconut cheesecake is just so delicious. It is smooth, creamy, and rich in flavor. The combination of a sweet buttery crust, coconut cheesecake filling, and refreshing cranberries is insanely delicious. This vegan dessert is perfect for any special occasion, especially Holidays.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace potato starch with oat cornstarch.
- Sugar can be substituted with any powdered sweetener.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Perfect for Holidays
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE CHEESECAKE RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
Vegan no-bake cranberry coconut cheesecake recipe - gluten-free
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted vegan margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
Vegan cheesecake filling
- 17 oz silken tofu
- 1 can coconut milk * only the solid part
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp agar
- 1 cup cranberries
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter
- First, we need to bake cookies for our cheesecake base. Simply mix all of the ingredients for cookies, which are oat and rice flour, vegan margarine, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and create a smooth dough. Roll medium-sized balls in your hands and bake them on parchment paper for 400F (200°C) for 10 minutes or until golden.
- When the cookies are done, put them in a food processor to break them into a fine consistency. Then add melted vegan butter to make it sticky.
- Add the cookie mixture into a cheesecake pan lined with parchment paper. Use your fingers to push the cookie mixture into the sides. This cookie base should be at least 0.3 inches thick.
- Next, prepare a cheesecake filling.
- In a large bowl whisk silken tofu with coconut milk (only the solid part) with sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- In a saucepan combine water and agar powder. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 1 minute. Don't forget to whisk this mixture, so there are no lumps!
- Remove from the heat and slowly pour into the tofu coconut mixture and whisk with a hand blender until everything is combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture onto the cookie layer and put it into the fridge for at least 2-3 hours, or until firm.
- When the cheesecake is completely cooled down and firm enough to slice it, let's prepare the cranberry compote.
- In a small saucepan combine cranberries, water, brown sugar, and vanilla. Bring it to a boil and cook until thick.
- Serve the compote on top of the cheesecake. Enjoy!