Galettes are so easy to make. The main thing is to prepare the dough and fruits you want to decorate the galette with. This time I prepared an amazing apricot raspberry galette.
The combination of buttery crust and fruity filling is absolutely delicious. This recipe is perfect for summer since it is full of juicy and sweet fruits.
The full recipe is vegan and gluten-free.
How do I keep my galette from getting soggy?
Have you ever made a galette and it becomes soggy? Don't worry, I have a solution for you.
First things first, there are two solutions to this kind of problem.
The first one is starch. Yes, starch is amazing when it comes to keeping the moisture out of the crust. The main problem is that the fruit is too watery and juicy and the juice is making the crust soggy and not enjoyable. But if you cover your fruits in starch you can prevent the galette from being moist.
You will need to add a few tablespoons of starch into your fruits before decorating the galette. You can use cornstarch, potato starch, and even tapioca starch. These starches will work wonderfully.
The next solution might be flour. You can sprinkle some flour onto the crust before adding the fruits. Sounds easy, but it is also very effective.
If you are worried that your fruit is too juicy, simply combine those two steps to prevent the galette from being moist and soggy.
Let's make this delicious flourless apricot raspberry galette
First, you will need to make the gluten-free crust.
Start by combining these ingredients in a larger bowl:
- buckwheat flour
- rice flour
- baking powder
- vegan margarine
- soy milk
These are our ingredients for a nice gluten-free crust.
When your dough is too dry, simply add more milk.
You should be able to create a nice soft dough. Put the dough in a fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare a filling for the galette.
In a larger bowl combine chopped apricots into slices, raspberries, brown sugar, lemon juice, and potato starch.
When everything is combined, roll the galette between two parchment papers and decorate with fruits, leaving a 1-inch border. Gently fold the pastry over the fruits and bake for about 15 minutes. Enjoy!
I sprinkled some extra brown sugar on top, but it so totally optional.
This delicious gluten-free galette is so easy to make and very delicious. The combination of apricots and raspberries is absolutely mouthwatering. This is a perfect light fruity dessert.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace rice flour with gluten-free oat flour.
- Agave can be replaced with date syrup, maply syrup or any other liquid sweetener.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Perfect for dessert
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR GLUTEN-FREE DESSERT RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
Gluten-free apricot raspberry galette
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp vegan margarine room temperature
- 6 tbsp soy milk
- 7 apricots
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- First, prepare the gluten-free crust for the galette. Combine buckwheat flour, rice flour, baking powder, agave, vanilla, margarine, and soy milk. Create a nice soft dough and let it rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Next, prepare the filling. In a larger bowl combined chopped apricots, raspberries, lemon juice, brown sugar, and potato starch.
- After 30 minutes remove the dough from the fridge and roll the dough between two parchment papers into 0.4 inches.
- Pile fruit on the dough, leaving a 1 1/2-inch border, and gently fold the pastry over the fruit.
- Bake at 200°C (400F) for about 15 minutes. Enjoy!