Gluten-free and vegan pumpkin swirl bread? Oh yes, please! This moist bread with pumpkin and vegan cream cheese frosting is just the best. The flavors are perfectly combined and the texture of this bread is very soft but so moist.
The bread is naturally gluten-free and dairy-free. The cheesecake filling is made out of tofu and a few other ingredients, that created plant-based cream cheese.
So this recipe basically tastes like pumpkin pie combined with creamy cheesecake. Yum!
What can be made from a pumpkin?
Pumpkin can be used in varieties recipes, including sweet and savory.
You can create soups, stews, sauces or cakes, cookies, bread, or pancakes. The options are limitless.
Pumpkin is great, because of the neutral, and slightly sweet taste! That's why it is wonderful in many ingredients.
Tip: If you don't have a pumpkin at home, you can replace it with cooked sweet potato!
What is dairy-free cream cheese made out of?
Nowadays, you can buy vegan cream cheese at stores, quite easily. It is usually made out of coconut, soy, or starches.
But in this recipe, I made a simple homemade version of cream cheese made out of tofu.
To make your own cream cheese you will need tofu, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and soy milk. This combination created such a delicious flavor.
You can use it in cheesecakes, muffins, or cakes.
Why is my pumpkin bread so dense?
There are so many things that can make your pumpkin bread dense. You probably added too much pumpkin, too much flour, or too much wet ingredients.
To make your pumpkin bread light and fluffy, you need to add a good ratio between wet and dry ingredients. Also don't forget to whisk vegan butter with sugar for the extra fluffiness.
Baking powder and baking soda also play huge role. Make sure you are using both of them when baking without a gluten.
Let's make this flourless vegan pumpkin swirl bread!
In a large bowl whisk vegan margarine and sugar until fluffy.
Next, ad pumpkin puree and vanilla and whisk until combined.
Lastly, add buckwheat flour, rice flour, and baking powder. Combine and add soy milk. The batter should be creamy, and very light.
Set it aside and let's make the vegan cream cheese filling.
Into the blender add tofu, soy milk, sugar, vanilla, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
Pour the cream cheese mixture into a saucepan and bring it to a boil while whisking. When the consistency is thicker but still creamy, remove it from the heat.
Prepare a loaf pan and layer the pumpkin mixture with cream cheese mixture until you run out of the ingredients.
bake the bread for about 45 minutes.
Serve when the bread is completely cooled down.
Tip: Use baking paper for a better removal from a loaf pan.
This gluten-free and vegan pumpkin swirl bread is perfectly flavored and so moist. The cream cheese part is creamy but very light and the pumpkin cake butter is airy but juicy. This is a perfect gluten-free dessert for any afternoon.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace soy milk with any plant-based milk.
- Cornstarch can be substituted with potato starch.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
Gluten-free and vegan pumpkin swirl bread
- 5 oz vegan margarine * room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup soy milk
Vegan cream cheese filling
- 7 oz firm tofu
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- Juice of half of lemon
- In a large bowl whish vegan margarine and sugar until fluffy. Next, add pumpkin puree, vanilla, and whisk until combined.
- Lastly, add buckwheat flour, rice flour, baking powder, and soy milk. The consistency should be fluffy and very light.
- In a blender add tofu, soy milk, sugar, vanilla, cornstarch, lemon juice and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a saucepan and bring it to a boil. The consistency should be thicker but still creamy.
- Into the loaf pan add a layer of pumpkin batter, layer of vegan cream cheese, and continue until you run out of the ingredients. You should have 3 layers of pumpkin butter and 2 layers of cheesecake filling.
- Bake the bread at 400F (200°C) for 45 minutes. Serve completely cold. Enjoy!