Vegan & gluten-free chocolate peanut butter cookies
These gluten-free chocolate peanut butter cookies are just perfection. These flourless cookies are buttery, smooth, chocolatey, and perfectly sweet. Peanut butter goes so well with chocolate.
Vegan and gluten-free cookies can be so easy to make!
This one-bowl cookie recipe is made for you!
Peanut butter cookies are just a classic. Who doesn't like peanut butter, right? But just add some chocolate chips into them and watch the magic happen!
There are a few tips to make your gluten-free cookies better:
- Baking powder - it makes them a lot more fluffy.
- The flour - the choice of flour will significantly make your cookies a lot better! In this recipe, I used buckwheat flour for its taste and consistency.
- Vegan butter - peanut butter is creamy, but butter makes everything softer, creamier and the cookies won't be hard!
- Salt - salt enhances the flavors even more. Definitely don't skip this step.
For this recipe, you will need only one bowl.
First, in a large bowl whisk vegan butter and peanut butter until fluffy.
Next, add brown sugar and whisk for a few more seconds.
Lastly, add buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt, and milk.
Combine and create a smooth dough.
Line the baking pan with parchment paper. Create balls and flatten them up into 0.5 inches thick. Add the chocolate chips on top and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
These gluten-free chocolate peanut butter cookies are such a nice flavorful treat. The combination of peanut butter, chocolate, and buttery cookies is irresistible. Enjoy them with a cup of milk.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace brown sugar with any type of powdered sweetener.
- Vegan butter can be substituted with vegan margarine.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR GLUTEN-FREE COOKIE RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
THE BEST GLUTEN-FREE LINZER COOKIES
VEGAN SPRING SUGAR COOKIES – GLUTEN-FREE
SOFT GLUTEN-FREE GINGERBREAD COOKIES
GLUTEN-FREE CINNAMON STAR COOKIES – VEGAN CHRISTMAS RECIPE
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour + 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- In a larger bowl whisk peanut butter, vegan butter into a creamy consistency. Add sugar and combine.
- Next, add buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt, and soy milk.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper and create small balls in your hands. Flatten the balls with sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 350F (180°C) for about 10 -12 minutes or until golden. Enjoy!
These looked and sounded so good I went out and bought some buckwheat flour. They were pretty simple to make with the help of your instructions. We loved them and I'm going to be making Chocolate Peanut Butter cookies again soon as they're delicious.
That's great! Thank you!
These cookies were so amazing! I loved all the flavors and the peanut butter was so creamy! I could eat these all the time!
Thank you so much!
These cookies look so easy to make. I cannot wait to taste them! It seems they pair perfectly with my morning coffee!
Oh, yes! They are perfect with a morning coffee!
What a treat! Chocolate and PB! nothing can go wrong! I love that the recipe is gluten-free as I have family members who are celiac. Thank you!
I'm sure they wouldn't know these cookies are gluten-free!
Peanut butter and chocolate makes for a perfect match. Love your use of buckwheat flour in these cookies and I can't wait to try them.
Thank you! Enjoy!
I am making these for my kids tea party this week! I love the use of buckwheat in these. So tasty!
Buckwheat flour is the best gluten-free flour! Enjoy the cookies!
Quick and easy! These cookies would make a great afternoon snack!
Thank you so much!
What a delicious treat, we loved these! This cookie is perfect for fall!
My son loves these peanut butter cookies! We make them often. They're so good!
Thank you so much! I'm happy to hear that!
Chocolate and peanut butter were made for each other! So glad I can enjoy this recipe vegan and gluten free. It's such a healthy treat for the family!
Beautiful cookies. Perfect for my afternoon tea. I'm going to bake them tomorrow. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Thank you! Enjoy!
I'm not gluten-free so I'd probably use regular flour, but these truly look amazing 😍😍
Thank you so much! Yes, you can totally use regular flour to make these!