A cake is something special. The light cake batter, creamy frosting, and delicate taste is what makes this cake phenomenal. This gluten-free chocolate cake with a light and fluffy vanilla frosting is just too good.
This cake is made out of gluten-free chocolate cake batter and layers with creamy vanilla frosting. The combination of vanilla and chocolate is so delicious.
The frosting is light, creamy, and with a hint of vanilla.
You can serve this chocolate cake to the birthday party, for family or yourself.
How do you keep the chocolate cake moist?
There are few things you can do to make your chocolate cake moist and not dry at all!
In this recipe, I used vegan margarine, different types of flour, and flax egg. Those are the main things to make your cake moist and spongy, not dry and crumbly.
Also, the trick is to add enough frosting between the layers of cake and let the cake chill overnight. That way the cake can absorb some moisture from the frosting.
But here are more things you can do to make your chocolate cake moist:
- Brushing the cake with simple syrup or other liquid
- Adding vegan yogurt to the cake batter
Here are some tips to make your cake moist, but the most important part is to add baking powder and baking soda to the cake. That way the chocolate cake is not dense but fluffy and soft.
Let's make this vegan gluten-free chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream
Let's make this delicious gluten-free chocolate cake with creamy vanilla frosting.
Start by creating gluten-free cake batter.
In a large bowl whisk these ingredients first:
- vegan margarine
- brown sugar
When the mixture is fluffy, add flax egg and vanilla.
If you never made a flax egg it is so simple! For one flax egg, you will need 1 tbsp flax meal + 4 tbsp water. Combine and let it sit for about 5 minutes until thicker!
In this recipe, I used 3 flax eggs because I divided the batter into 3 cakes in total.
Moving on to the rest ingredients. Now, it is time to add dry ingredients:
- rice flour
- buckwheat flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- cacao powder
Gently combine these ingredients into a vegan margarine mixture and add soy milk and vinegar/ lemon juice.
Adding vinegar or lemon juice is very important. It makes the cake lot more fluffy and soft. And don't worry, you will not taste the sourness in the cake whatsoever!
Gently combine all of these ingredients, and try not to overmix.
Divide the batter into three parts and bake for about 30 minutes each. I bake these cakes individually in an 8'' round pan.
Meanwhile, prepare a vanilla frosting.
For a vegan vanilla frosting you will need:
- soy milk
- potato starch/cornstarch
- powdered sugar
- vegan margarine
First, you will need to cook starch with milk until thick. This mixture needs to be completely cold before moving to the next step.
Into a large mixing bowl add vegan margarine, sugar, vanilla, and whisk until fluffy and combined.
Then add slowly cold starch mixture by spoons and whisk until creamy.
The frosting should be thick and fluffy.
You can put the frosting in the fridge for a few hours before the cakes are completely cold.
Now, we are ready to decorate the cake!
Layer the chocolate cake with vegan vanilla frosting and cover the cake with the frosting from each side. You can also decorate the cake using a piping bag. Feel free to add fresh fruits or edible flowers. Enjoy!
If your cake corpus is too tall in the middle, you can cut the middle part to make it more even.
This gluten-free chocolate cake with vegan vanilla frosting is perfection. It is so soft, moist, and rich in flavor. Make this gluten-free cake for the family and I'm sure everyone will love it.
POSSIBLE INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is easily customizable. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace brown sugar with any powdered sweetener of your choice.
- Soy milk can be substituted with almond, oat, or cashew milk.
THIS RECIPE IS:
- Perfect for dessert
- Easy to make
- 100% delicious
IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE RECIPES, HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
Gluten-free chocolate cake with vanilla frosting
Gluten-free chocolate cake batter
- 5 oz vegan margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 flax eggs 3 tbsp flax meal + 12 tbsp water
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 cups soy milk
- 2 tbsp vinegar *or lemon juice
Vegan vanilla frosting
- 3 cups soy milk
- 7 tbsp potato starch *cornstarch
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz vegan margarine
- 2 tsp vanilla
- First, let's make the gluten-free chocolate cake batter. Start by whisking vegan margarine and sugar until fluffy. Then add vanilla and flax eggs. The consistency should be soft, fluffy but thick.
- Next, add rice flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cacao powder. Gently combine and add soy milk and vinegar.
- Combine and create a smooth batter.
- Divide this chocolate batter into three parts and bake them separately in the round baking pan with 8''.
- When they are done, let them cool down completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegan vanilla frosting.
- Into a saucepan add soy milk and starch. Stir until you see a thick consistency forming. It should be REALLY thick. Turn the heat off and let it cool down completely before moving to the next step!
- In a large bowl, whisk vegan margarine, powdered sugar, and vanilla. When it's nice and fluffy, slowly add cold starch mixture and whisk for about 5 minutes until you see a soft but fluffy frosting forming.
- When everything is ready, add the frosting between each layer of cake and decorate it using a piping bag. You can also add fruits and flowers to make it pretty. Enjoy!